Took little sister shooting

Discussion in 'Training & Safety' started by jebsca, Jun 9, 2012.

1. jebsca

jebsca New Member

I got to take my 14 year old sister out on her first shooting trip. We started off with a double nine (revolver) and then my GSG 1911 22, and ended with one of my 92fs. I think she had a good time. The only complaint she voiced to me was that we ran out of time and she didn't get to shoot my "sniper rifle", my henry lever 22 with a scope. Was hard not to laugh at that one.

2. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Sounds like a great time. Good for you for spending time with your sister and showing her shooting can be fun.

3. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Sounds like a fun time was had and you may have gained a shooting partner for life.

4. Garadex

Garadex New Member

Sounds like a nice "Sniper rifle" you got there. Seriously thought it does sound like you had fun.

5. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Good for you!

Last year, took one of my grandaughters shooting for first time- she lives out of state, and was visiting (actually, took a PASSLE of grandkids shooting that day)

She had a ball. Sends me emails asking if we can go again on her next visit.

6. jebsca

jebsca New Member

Thanks. I can see the grand kids asking about going out next. I know when I am packing up to go home, I am already looking for my next trip to the range. We only had an hour at the range yesterday, so I was telling my sister that some days are better, that our brother and I spent most of the day out last July 4th. With that, she started asking if we could go out on the 4th. I did warn her that this is addictive!

She has a twin and some even younger brothers, and I think I will have to try and take them out as well.

7. Wiseman3

Wiseman3 New Member

I've taken almost every family member I have shooting in the past few months, and its been awesome. nothing better than sharing a great sport with your family that everyone can enjoy.