Took a 4hour drive !

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by dango, Jun 17, 2014.

1. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

About six weeks ago , I bought a new log splitter . DR 22ton verticals and horizontal splitting settings . They had an after winter sale so I saved $500 bucks .

I drove to "Con-Way" freight company . I was expecting a six hundred lbs. wooden creat . When they brought it out they were impressed with the packing .
    About a one hundred lbs. heavy gauge steel wrap around frame with about a hundred nuts and bolts holding it all together .

If what's inside is as well built as the packing , I got one heck of a splitter . Before I start to open it , going to take a picture of before I start to open it .
    With my impact wrench and sockets , it should be a three hour job just getting it open .
    Can't weight to see what's in side ! :) words to the wise , you better have a lot of mechanic tools and some mechanical savvy ! Major assembly required . Oh boy , a new toy ! :D

2. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

It's a major award!
    ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1403028023.346349.jpg

no offense and none taken

3. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

It's Italian. It says "frageeleh"!

Can't wait to see the splitter.

4. dango

This was three hours ago . I got everything out but the main hunk , stuff all over the garage . I have a neighbor with a Kabota tractor , he,s gonna help me get that heavy sucker out . Still , well over 400 lbs. so we gonna be smart + I'll help him with his fire wood . Old Carl , one really good old man .:)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  5. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

Sweet baby Jesus!:eek:
    When it's all out of the box, you can line that frame and use it as a stock tank!

6. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I would have to pay someone to get that out of the box and set up for me. :eek: In my younger days I would have tackled that myself but not anymore. :(

7. dango

I would think most should do exactly that Winds ! :) you know me though , Dango , anything is possible , no problems just solutions ! Carls an old timer and has built many splitters + I'm not half bad with mechanical stuff . :) other than the weight , it's pretty cut and dry , just the weight is a problem , Carl , problem solved ! :)

8. dango

This is what's left I to get out , everything else is out . Maybe two days and it'll be running !

Attached Files:

9. winds-of-change

I want to see a video of it working.

Might have been cheaper just to have Carl chop your wood for you. LOL

10. MisterMcCool

It will be upside down. :p

No offense and none taken

11. dango

Well , you got a point there , I am Polish . :p if it does come out up side down , I won't have to lift the logs.......Hmmmmmm...? You might got sometnin there !
    :D

12. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

just roll the logs underneath it, split them and just think, no heavy lifting!:D

13. winds-of-change

I think he meant the video will be upside down.

14. dango

Got a problem ! The weight of that splitter , the feet on the frame dug in my bed liner . Gonna have to make some heavy duty skids to fit under feet , thing won't budge without tearing my liner apart

Two heavy duty skids and Carnuba wax bottoms . I will get that beast out of my truck ! :)

15. MisterMcCool

Keep it in the truck. Open a mobile log splitting business.

no offense and none taken

16. winds-of-change

Why did you set it up inside the truck?

17. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

Cos the trees won't come to the truck?:confused:

18. Dearhunter

Dearhunter Supporting Member Supporter

This is my log splitter, works real good.

log splitter.jpg

19. dango

Well Winds , like I said , I had to drive a four hour round trip to Con-Way freight.
    I had to pick it up and drive it home . Just sitting in my truck on the drive home , the feet sunk into my plastic bed liner . Very heavy ! :eek:

It is a splitter . All I have left to do is put the engine on and hook up the hoses , get the fluids , hydraulic , engine oil and gas ! Almost done . :)

Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
  20. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

No wonder it didn't slide around. ;)

And you thought you were the tops at marlinspike. :D