TOMATOES in the GARDEN....

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by LONGHAIR, Jun 16, 2011.

1. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

Picked my first Tomatoe today...EARLY-BIRD TOMATOE PLANT...Other then that I've only got onions out of my small Garden....Can't wait for Bacon-Lettice & Tomatoe Sandwich's.....Miracle-Whip is just a touch taster then reg.-May-o...That fresh Tomatoe was so tasty with a dash of salt...What Bob Seger sings about...SWEET-SWEET SUMMER TIME........

2. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

Did anybody get anything-out of their Gardens???...Yet...

3. fireguy

fireguy New Member

We got a few cherry tomatoes last week. I should have some big tomatoes ripe any time, quite a few on.

4. buckhuntr

buckhuntr Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I'm temporarily in an apartment, thus no garden. :(
    In the process of recifying that sorry state of affairs, though, and next summer, maters will be on the agenda. :)

5. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

With the weird weather we had, I only got my garden planted last week. I'm hoping for a late Fall.

6. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I planted 7 tomato plants and so far lots of flowers and only one little green tomato. Where I'm at, we don't usually get red tomatoes until late July or so. I can't wait. I could eat several tomatoes every day when they are at their peak.

7. CA357

I've got five heirloom plants. I also have two San Marzano and two Plum tomato plants. Assuming they give a decent yield, I will can the Plum and San Marzano's 50/50 per jar for use as sauce. I'm also growing Oregano, Basil and Thyme and will add some to each jar. :cool:

8. divinginn

divinginn New Member

I just started getting in some better boy tomatoes,I gambled and planted them a few weeks early. Banana peppers and cucumbers are coming in too.:)

9. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

We have had some peppers (Green - not the hot ones). Some small Cherry Tomatoes starting the grow on the vine.

10. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

O K now I'm getting alot of Tomatoes ...I've got six on the vine turning red ....I use Miracle-Gro and they are bigger then ever.....BLT's are days away....

11. winds-of-change

My tomato plants look like they are going to give me lots to tomatoes this year. I have a cherry tomato plant that has some pinkish tomatoes on it. Lots and lots of green tomatoes on almost all my plants. The heirloom plant I planted doesn't seem as prolific. I can't wait to sink my teeth into some tomatoes fresh from the garden.

12. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

Just had a ..BLT..for breakfast...The Tomatoes are really coming-in now...along with Cucumbers...and...Radishes....:D

13. winds-of-change

LUCKY!! So far I've only gotten a couple ripe cherry tomatoes. But it won't be long until I'll be buried in tomatoes. Looking forward to eating my way out. :D

14. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

That's what I'm starting to do now....I've had ..BLT's..for the last week...and LOVING-IT.......:D:D:D

15. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

All the Tomatoes are gone...and it looks like the past HEATWAVE stopped more from flowering....This suck.....:mad:...No more BLT's with fresh Tomatoes.....:(:mad:

16. CA357

We had a very cold, wet and late Spring, so mine are just starting to bear decently. None are quite ready to eat yet, but pretty soon.

My lettuce is long gone, but the cucumbers, eggplants and herbs are producing well.

17. ElGuapo

ElGuapo New Member

I've got two plants,(apartment) in Topsy Turvy planters, a early girl and a roma. The early girl has about 20 green tomatoes, the roma is going wild with about 50 little green tomatoes. It was about 92 degrees today, and more warm weather in store, so hopefully they will all ripen so I can make lots of sauce!!

18. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

I am envious. Here in Florida it is tough to get anything to grow before the critters get it. Living in SE PA I was used to good gardens. Fresh veggies, tomatos, peppers, lettuce, onions and others. We would get more tomatos then we could eat, and the corn that was available on the farms was great.

Here in Florida the stands have some decent tomatos at least twice a year. The corn is not bad, and you can get that fresh twice a year. So I am not completely at a loss. I just don't think it is as good as the Northeast from now until October.

When I moved here in 87 I tried a garden for a couple of years with so little success, I turned it back into lawn.

Other then that, I am damn glad to be here!

19. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Tomatoes

Tomatoes just hitting the peak of the season.

Attached Files:

20. CA357