Tokarev TT 33

Discussion in 'Curio & Relic Discussion' started by Anch368, Mar 17, 2011.

1. Anch368

Anch368 New Member

Hello all I am just starting to get into C&R and want to get a Tokarev pistol. Unfortunately there is not a lot of information on the web when it comes to the pros and cons of the various makes of them. There is a local gun shop with two Tokarevs. One is labeled as Romanian for $300+, and a Russian for $300+ (1953), I didn't know if these were considered a good price and if they are shootable. I checked the barrels on both and the rifling is pretty good in both without any frosting. After all that babble what I am looking for is how to identify a Yugo, Russian, Polish...etc apart from each other to make sure I am getting what I pay for and if those prices are good prices. Mind you I intend on shooting the one I get. Thanks it is greatly appreciated!

2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Anch, you got PM.

3. wmille01

wmille01 New Member

to be honest that is the next gun on my list to get and I can't even tell you really much about them. All I can really say is that if your ok with the price, the barrel and other important parts of the look good and everything moves good on it I would go for it. I just spent like a half hour going through the internet looking for info and I can't really find anything on price wise sorry,

4. egghead

egghead New Member

Got one about 6 months ago at a gun show for $225 (Polish version). Decent shape, but certainly not like new.

Since then I've noticed that most I see are in the $300 range. I think we're seeing the inflation on guns and you may be seeing the $300 as a standard price now.

Fun gun to shoot and the ammo is still really cheap, if you don't mind careful cleaning right after shooting.

5. chefsimms

chefsimms New Member

Tokarev

I got my Tokarev for $99 (new)many years ago, Ammo is cheap its fun to shoot.
    You can get cheap ammo at the Sportsmansguide.com (about 7 cents a round) I also shoot the 7.62 Tokarev ammo in my 7.62X 54 Russian long gun. I got an insert that will allow you the shoot it in the Mosin. Most Tokarevs I see today are priced around $175-$200, some are in pretty bad shape, so check it out before you buy one.

Attached Files:

6. Wolfen1949

Wolfen1949 New Member

which tokarev to buy

By far the besst is the Hugo m7 . Widners has them for $217 with free shipping. The reaon I like the Yugo is it has abetter grip and holds 9 rounds instead of 8. As you can see I have added new grips and adjustable sights.

Attached Files:

7. egghead

egghead New Member

Tok

Nice looking TT there.

Anyone notice the disappearance of the cheap 7.62x25s?

8. chefsimms

chefsimms New Member

9. Bigdog

Bigdog New Member

10. Wolfen1949

Wolfen1949 New Member

7.62x25 Ammo

plentyof 7.62x25 on gun broker

11. Alchemist

Alchemist New Member

The Yugoslavian M57 has been rated #1 on some knowledgeable sites. I have one and it's been great. The M57 has a 9-rd. magazine.

Modern Firearms - M57

12. Wolfen1949

Wolfen1949 New Member

Tokarev m57

another thing great about the m57 is the saftey realy works.

13. DrGonzo11

DrGonzo11 New Member

I have owned several of these in different incarnations, all were great guns. The Russian, if its a real Russian, is well worth $300, the rest I would go over $250. 've owned several Norinco 213's too wich are chinese copies in 9mm Luger, they are fantastic shooters, be careful with the mags though, there is is spacer in the grip well. Sometimes its attached to the guns frame, sometimes its attached to the magazine, these are not interchangeable. I recently traded my last Norinco 213 off and I REALLY want it back!!!

14. South_FL_TB

South_FL_TB New Member

Wow...Looks great w/ the wood grips. Would you mind providing some info on how you went about getting adjustable sights?

I've had both a Russian TOK and a Chinese TOK/Norinco for over 15years. I recently gave the USSR-TOK to my brother (repaid a favor) and started using the 9mm (was never fired) They're both nice guns but share the same weakness; tiny sights...Slow to acquire target. I'd love to modernize the gun with better sights. I bought a "Ramlight magnetic laser sight" and can get respectable and quick groupings with it, but I'd like similar performance with metal sights.

Thanks!

15. jammersavage44

jammersavage44 New Member

I have a Romanian Tokarev and a Chinese Model 213 chambered in 9mm. Both have shot flawlessly with a couple hundred rounds having gone through each. I did a test between my Romanian and my CZ-52 and while the recoil difference is negligible (two different types of mechanics in use...was curious about the difference in feel), the Tokarev was much more accurate. The 300.00 for the Russian would've been a fantastic price and I would've gotten it immediately but anything else should be around the 250-290 mark. After owning two Tokarevs, I'm now going to get a Russian, a Yugoslavian, and a Polish one to round out the collection.

Attached Files: