Today's trip

Discussion in 'Range Report' started by pagj17, Oct 2, 2011.

1. pagj17

pagj17 New Member

So I went with my parents to the Local indoor range, took along all the little guns, a Remy 597 and my 1911, of course.
    The 1911, Which is a RIA 1911MS, has had quite a few changes but mostly superficial, I changed out to an STI Polymer Long Curved trigger, a Skeletonized Hammer, and a wilson Beaver tail, along with a Novak Rear GI cut and I restaked a front sight on there.
    It's shooting about an inch low at 10, and around an inch and a half at 20 feet, which I'll change out as soon as I run some homerolled ammo through it.
    The one thing that disturbs me is Both of my Metal Forms screwed up, and I think I've had the same failure to Lock back the slide in a CMC and The Original "novak" mag made by ACTmag.
    THe Slide stop ended up getting under the Follower. Does anyone think that it's more likely a slide stop failure?
    I also used my mom's LCR in 38Spl, which was actually really nice, at 20 feet I was cloverleafing the shot placement.
    Sadly alot of it got covered over with 22 afterwards, but I still took target pictures, and will post those as soon as I get off of work tonight.
    Pictures TO follow

2. pagj17

pagj17 New Member

The picshures.
    I was very pleased with the groupings the LCR offered, as I was putting all 5 rounds in a Cloverleaf at 7 yards, one group which you can see with the Medulla Oblongata.

The sterling 22 grouped... meh with the winchester rounds, Horribly.
    the 1911 I did pretty well with, and I cannot wait to get the front sight fixed to POI.

Attached Files:

3. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Good use of all target space. He looks pretty damn dead to me. :)

4. pagj17

pagj17 New Member

Haha yeah the numbers make good aim points, thanks:)