Today is Vietnam Veterans Day

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by downsouth, Mar 29, 2012.

1. downsouth

downsouth New Member

I know we have some of you heros in the forum. I just want to say thanks for going, serving, and returning in some of the worst overall conditions that could have been asked of you. Your sacrafices are responsible for the pride most have for our troops today. Again thanks. ds

.facebook_68045.jpg

2. PlaysWithZombies

PlaysWithZombies New Member

Absolutely. And i'd like to give a shout out to "damn" Sam Allen, a vietnam vet and my personal hero

3. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Thank you for you service, and great sacrifices vets.

4. orangello

orangello New Member

Agreed! Thanks for serving.

5. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

Drafted into service for Vietnam in 1965 at age 18. Came back completely changed. Never saw the world the same again.
    But most certainly did see the chest-beating politicians for the maggots they were and still are today.

6. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

Me in late 1972 at Pleiku Vietnam. At this point, I was a 20 y.o. seasoned pro having survived the Easter Offensive of '72 that was greater than the Tet of '68 attack. My unit suffered 25% fatalities with another 15% casualties among the pilots.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 29, 2012
  7. SSGSF

SSGSF New Member

Yes thank you for your services and sacrifices.

8. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

As I've said many times before and I'll say again, there is a special place in my heart for Vietnam Veterans and I send love to you all. It was a very difficult time in the history of America.

Snakedriver, you were a very handsome young man and I'm sorry for what you had to experience but I'm glad you are with us today. My deepest gratitude and love to you all who served our country during the Vietnam war.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2012
  9. SK2344

SK2344 New Member

I joined when it was the thing to run and hide in Canada. I realy do appreciate it when someone says to me, "Thanks for Serving". I always wear my US Army Hat and I will always wear it proudly. The only thing that ticks me off is when these stupid TV Media say, We would like to thank the Military overseas who are there Fighting for Our Freedom." At no time while I was in the Army, did I think I was fighting for Our Freedom! I have news for these morons, America gained it's Freedom after the Revolutionary War! I think we have been a Free Country ever since then but I have some doubt after Obama gets Re-Elected! God Help America!:mad:

10. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I wondered about that, too. You all were fighting for someone else's freedom at that time. Then..........after all those years and lost lives we hand it over to 'em anyway. :mad:

11. gnatlee

gnatlee New Member

Snakedriver, "If you ain't CAV you ain't ****" Pleiku two tours, last trip 1969-1970, A Trp 7/17 CAV "Ruthless Riders". I have time in Snakes but more in a LOH "the OH6A type" . Have a good day Brother

12. jordan89

jordan89 New Member

Thanks to all that have served. You guys are freaking awesome.

13. Ranger-6

Ranger-6 New Member

From the illusion to the reality then back to the illusion is an impossible transition.

14. XxChino13xX

XxChino13xX New Member

To the Vietnam Veterans, thank you for your service, you paved the way for guys like me. Welcome home and Semper Fi.

15. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

gnatlee, when that picture was taken I was assigned to H/17th Cav. at Holloway that was formerly B/7/17th prior to the reorganization the happened when they formed the 1st Aviation Brigade.

In 1972 H/17 was still covering the AO doing the typical Cav. Huntet/Killer mission. I was a Pink Team Leader at that point.

I agree, "If you 'aint Cav..............." :cool:

PS:, We were callsigned "Undertaker" and our Scouts were "Scalphunters"

Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
  16. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

this!!! +1,000

Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
  17. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

USMC Inf NCO
    Advisor, ARVN Regional Force Infantry
    2nd CAG III MAF
    Quang Nam Province
    70-71
    WIA Evac 4/24/71

18. jeepejeep

jeepejeep New Member

A huge thank you to all the Viet Nam Vets. You went through hell over there and came home to more of it. I was in high school at the time and the draft had the number lottery. I had a high number and never got called but my brother and all his friends did. A lot of them came back screwed up in one way or another and there was almost no support for them. It was and is a disgrace that these Vets did not get the respect and care that they so richly deserved. I'll never forget the scenes of our men walking through airports to chants of "baby killer" from low life hippie "peace-nicks". I still makes me angry.:(:mad:

19. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

Here is another one that, along with others too many to mention, should never be forgotten for what they did for their brothers-in-arms in Vietnam. I salute this sargeant with heart and soul.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/Watch?v=RZ7968BbMnU&feature=youtube[/ame]

20. Vincine

Vincine New Member

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:eek: