Today is the day for Carry Concealed in Illinois.

Discussion in 'Illinois Gun Forum' started by AlphaKoncepts, Jul 9, 2013.

1. AlphaKoncepts

AlphaKoncepts Member

If you did not know, today is the day that determines carry concealed once and for all (well not really once and for all) in Illinois. The ILGA will vote to over ride Governors veto of the carry concealed bill.

The rumor mill has it we will see the governor's amendments re-introduced as separate bills. TODAY IS A DAY ALL ILLINOIS GUN OWNERS ABSOLUTELY NEED TO BE PROACTIVE.

The Senate Dems. plan to caucus right after the Executive committee hearing this morning. If any of the Gov's veto items have any support, they plan to run them as separate trailer bills.

Please call your state senator and urge them to vote NO on any other changes to the carry bill!

http://www.capwiz.com/nra/dbq/officials/

http://www.ilga.gov/senate/

TODAY is the day.

2. AlphaKoncepts

AlphaKoncepts Member

On a vote of 77/31/0, HB183 is declared passed not withstanding the Governor's recommendations.

The veto is overridden in the House. Onto the Senate.

3. AlphaKoncepts

AlphaKoncepts Member

IL Senate is delaying vote on HB183 by taking it out of the record.

On a side note it appears Attorney General Lisa Madigan has filed for a motion of appearance possibly to request appeal to SCOTUS. This is speculation on my part, and not fact, but based on the Senate's actions could be possible to prevent Illinois from falling off the Concealed Carry Cliff.

4. AlphaKoncepts

AlphaKoncepts Member

OK more games. They are reusing to vote on the original CC bill and calling a new CC bill with the Governors changes included.

HB1453 is up and is a trailer bill. President Cullerton moves to adopt Amendment 2 which is a trailer to HB183.

Senator Murphy points out that the third reading deadline has not been extended on the bill. He is told it has been extended to 11/7/2013.

Amend 2 adds the governor's signage wording, duty to inform, and mental health provisions.

5. AlphaKoncepts

AlphaKoncepts Member

HB1453 passed in the Senate as amended on a vote of 45/13/0. HB1453 back to the House. (Hopefully the house kills it.)

6. AlphaKoncepts

AlphaKoncepts Member

HB183 is now up in the Senate.

Senator Raoul supports the override.

7. AlphaKoncepts

AlphaKoncepts Member

Senator Jacobs suggests to the Governor that he might want to work with the legislature while they're actually in session. hahahah

8. AlphaKoncepts

AlphaKoncepts Member

183 here by declared passed in the Senate not withstanding the AV. 41 yes votes.

9. AlphaKoncepts

AlphaKoncepts Member

The House Judiciary Committee recommends the House do concur on HB1453 on a vote of 13/3/0. (this does not yet mean the House has voted on it.)

10. AlphaKoncepts

AlphaKoncepts Member

HB183 is now Public Act 98-0063

11. AlphaKoncepts

AlphaKoncepts Member

1453 fails in the house. 63y 47n, 71 was required to pass.

12. PrimePorkchop

PrimePorkchop New Member

It's still a bad bill...but it is what it is!

Attached Files:

13. Steve32

Steve32 New Member

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppmRxh_JGQ4[/ame]

14. AlphaKoncepts

AlphaKoncepts Member

It's certainly not good, but it's not bad either. Like you said it is what it is, and it's a great platform to build off of.

15. PrimePorkchop

PrimePorkchop New Member

wait and see what the democrats do to it over the next year

guaranteed it will be a complete and utter **** bill before the application process even begins

16. AlphaKoncepts

AlphaKoncepts Member

Regardless of what bill we got, even it was 0997, that is exactly what the anti gunners will try to do.

Wait to see what we do to it. Why should we wait for them to try to make changes? Why should we play defense? We should immediately begin to have 2a friendly sponsors sponsor bills to improve all the things we don't like about the bill.

No more playing defense. No more sitting on the side lines waiting for the anti gunners to attack our rights. Put the anti's on the defense so they are so confused they don't have time to play offense.

17. JW357

JW357 New Member

Good strategy.

18. death01

death01 New Member

I have 2 questions.

Do I need a permit to buy a gun now? or do I only need a permit if I want to conceal carry?

What does this new conceal carry law mean exactly for us. I read the law, but I didn't understand it..

Thanks

19. KJG67

KJG67 New Member

Right now you can't do any CC.
    You still need a FOID.
    If you live in Chicago, you still need a Chicago Permit as well from what I understand.
    There are no approved Illinois CCW classes yet, as ISP has not put the requirements out yet.
    You'll need to take an ISP approved class, and that might not happen for 180 days. Then ISP has 90 days from when you fill out the CCW permit form to send you your pemit, which the form hasn't been developed yet.
    So, you shall remain defenseless outside your home until sometime next Spring at this point.
    In other words, nothings really changed from before the vote this week.

20. AR10

AR10 New Member

It will more than likely fall to the hands of NRA Certified Instructors in a discipline called Basic Pistol.

Want to make some money over the next ten years, or more? Become an NRA Instructor.

If you have people skills, teaching skills, handgun skills, and have a good attitude, you should look into it. Many NRA instructors are pulling down more money in their weekend classes than they are their regular jobs.