today i did not carry

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by Ultimate_sig, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

Today i did not carry and almost paid the ultimate price.

It was a day full of errands and lots of running around. My 8 month pregnant gielfriend and i decided to have lunch at a whataburger. As we were leaving an employee came baraling around the corner and almost hit us, in the car. So naturally we honked. He honks back and starts to yell and curse at us. He then yelled racial slurs and threaten to "get my girl". We pulled out and he followed us on to the highway behind us. He acted as uf he was going to ram us. Coming with in inches of actually hitting us. We actually had to speed up to prevent it. I bit shook up i know now i will carry all the time. And now my gf feels it is necessary.

What would yall have done in my shoes?

2. DavidB

DavidB New Member

Glad to hear you and your girlfriend are alright. I would contact whataburger if he was their employee and report his actions to management as well as the police.

3. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

Yep. There are idiots like that out there. I carry everyday, for this reason.

4. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

during the roadrage your GF could have phoned police. you could have driven towards the nearest police station instead of the highway, or even a hospital or any federal building with police officers present. perhaps you should have picked a different place to eat. lol.. glad you are okay though.

5. rifleman1

rifleman1 New Member

glad your ok...on another note ive never had whataburger was it good at least.

6. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

I was on the phone with 911, trying to explain the situation and all i got is what, what, sir, what.....this is why i dont call. Theyre only good for pulling you over and giving you tickets

7. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

I posted here because i almost want to take legal action so this story gets out to show cc can be effective if done right. This guy would have done his damage and have been gone before the cops ever knew about it.

Also the ifs;
    If i did have my pistol and if it did go bad what do i aim at. If i hit and kill him so dick DA could have me locked up for defending myself. But if i did shoot him in a limb; knee, leg, foot etc, what if i missed or it penetrated and hit someone else.

I think one should be allowed to defend themselves by any means without repercussions. I have a pregnant gf to defend but i also have a child to raise

8. blucoondawg

blucoondawg New Member

The thought of going back there and waiting for the ***** to get off work and walk up to him and B1TCH Slap him comes to mind.

9. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

O he was leaving when he did this. I wanted to but i was more worried about what if he sneaks one in on me and knocks me out....then,nothings is standing between him and my prego gf

10. stoppingpower

stoppingpower New Member

Some people do need the **** kicked outta them every now and then..

11. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

Damn you would make a good neighbor

12. 1911love

1911love New Member

Sig: Remember what I've heard a lot of old timers say. You carry a handgun not bc you're expecting trouble, it's bc they are convenient and concealable. If you are expecting trouble grab a long gun.
    Glad to hear you and your GF are okay. Road rage can be scary.

13. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

Thankyou, i like that

14. Blue_Ridge_Reef

Blue_Ridge_Reef New Member

I'd only add that if you're expecting that much trouble, it might be wise not to be there to begin with! :)

15. 1911love

1911love New Member

Those old timers are a gold mine of info and wisdom, but too often younger people like us fail to listen. Not saying you or anyone else here doesn't listen to them, just in general I don't think they are fully utilized. There is def something to say for someone who has lived twice as long as we have been alive.
    As a side note, don't forget daily carry of a spare mag, light, and most importantly an edged weapon. If running to the gas station near home for a six pack I will sometimes not carry spare mag and light. I will always carry a knife when carrying a gun. In some situations going for your sidearm will do you no good, such as being grabbed around the throat from behind. Limited time before you pass out, knife is quicker to slice arm open and give you a chance to draw your primary. Just my opinion though, I'm no expert.

16. 1911love

1911love New Member

Good point as well Blue.

17. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

I didnt i had a "know it all" attitude. Ive changed slowed down and began to listen during story time

18. orangello

orangello New Member

You may need to help the police out a bit with this one. Go file a report naming the business and location and time and description of his vehicle and description of him and his precise actions. After you have provided all of the information to the officers for the police report, get a copy to send to Whataburger's corporate office by fax or email AFTER speaking to a manager at their corporate office. It would be a good idea to look up that location on the interweb yellowpages to get the store number. Then you have the police and corporate crawling the store manager's nethers wanting to know what the heck went on. You also have a guarantee of unemployment for the jackass and potentially for the manager who didn't manage his employees.

Personally, i WOULD NOT go back to the location or call the location to complain; no sense in giving them a heads-up that trouble is coming.

I am glad the both of you came out unscathed. Maybe corporate will send some coupons to help smooth things over. :)

Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
  19. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

You did a fine thing. I would've driven back into the burger lot, if he followed I'd take pic of his car and plate and take into his place of work and call the cops. I'd make sure his boss and the cops knew and had record of his actions. But you did just fine.

20. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Amen 100%!