today at the range

Discussion in 'Range Report' started by kymike, Sep 30, 2012.

1. kymike

kymike New Member

Went to the range to get some time in with the new red dot. First one I have ever had. Big difference than crosshairs so practice makes perfect, right. I was shooting my m&p15-22 with a vector red dot with no magnifier. Target was at 25 yards. 25 round clip in each

ForumRunner_20120930_170456.jpg

2. kymike

kymike New Member

This is my rifle

Attached Files:

3. Garadex

Garadex New Member

Looks like a fun day with a new "toy".

4. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

5. kymike

kymike New Member

It was very fun. Shot over 300 rds

6. Old_Crow

Old_Crow New Member

I would try it at much longer ranges. It will be about 3 inches high at 80 yards. I just went through that with my 10/22. I know you were having a blast. I am very happy for you. When you make the final adjustments make them at 50 or 100 yards...

I sighted in my 10/22 at at about 25 yards. I forgot to check it at a longer distance. I shot at a crow about 100 yards away. I hit the limb over his head. I sighted it in again at 80 yards. Today I dropped the same corn eating crow first shot. I like the 4x fixed power scope on my 10/22. It has a wide view and very clear.

7. vincent

vincent New Member

Very good sir!!!

Love the pics!

What brand of ammo?

8. kymike

kymike New Member

Im not planning on going out that far. I just shoot it for fun. I have another gun that is for long range shooting.

9. kymike

kymike New Member

I was shooting cci tactical. I didn't have any problems with it. A lot of it was rapid fire and never had one jam. Im going to try mini mags today and see how they compare.

10. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I use the mini mags in a Colt/Umarex M4 and have no issues. Have fun!