Today at church

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Gojubrian, Feb 7, 2010.

1. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Yes, I attend services on saturdays. Anyway, we have started a series on marriage and relationships based on Gods design. How fortuitous!!

The first section featured a couple telling their found differences after getting married and moving in. It showed how she liked to go to plays and artsy fartsy museums and the like. Then the guy...the guy starts off by blasting away with his sig with attached light at the range and trying to get her involved. I was all giddy sitting there in church watching holes being put to paper, the blasting, and his wife shooting trying to appease him.
    I looked around and saw lots of smiles on guys faces and did not see anyone gasping or covering their eyes. yay!

Life is good, church is great!! It was a great lesson that will extend over the next several weeks. If you wish to know more, pm me, but I wanted to share that part with everyone. :)

2. TXnorton

TXnorton New Member

Goju:

Hopefully the wife will actually grow to like going shooting, and not just continue to try to appease him. Trying to appease your spouse when you really don't want to will never last long, and can turn into resentment in a heartbeat.

I consider myself an expert on marriage, after all, I have done it three times!

Seriously, what amazes me (and I was guilty of this - twice!) is that people get married without seeing the differences between them. I should know as I had two miserably failed marriages before I learned to look more carefully and to listen to my inner voice when it was saying "RUN like hell".

Anybody contemplating marriage had better be prepared to make some minor changes in themselves and to happily compromise without feeling begrudging. Otherwise it can get really expensive!

3. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Goju, I'm glad to hear you and the future wife are going to a small group at church. My wife and I did the same thing and it was very helpful. We're trying to find a new church with a similar group which has been hard.
    My wife had never even touched a gun before she met me. I don't think I took her shooting until shortly after we got married, right after I got my model 19. I sat down with her and went over the safe handling practices and then we went shooting. It didn't take her long to become rather good and now she has fun with it. She shoots both of my 38s very well, shoots my 795 equally well and while she doesn't like doing it as often as I do when she goes along it's time we get to spend together. I found out very quickly that she's a revolver girl so I keep all the semi autos for myself.

I've only been married two years but I have learned a few things. Spend time together, find things you can do together that you both enjoy, pick your battles and remember the 9 words....

NINE WORDS WOMEN USE
    (1) Fine: This is the word women use to end an argument when they are right and you need to shut up.

(2) Five Minutes: If she is getting dressed, this means a half an hour. Five minutes is only five minutes if you have just been given five more minutes to watch the game before helping around the house.

(3) Nothing: This is the calm before the storm. This means something, and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with nothing usually end in fine.

(4) Go Ahead: This is a dare, not permission. Don't Do It!

(5) Loud Sigh: This is actually a word, but is a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men. A loud sigh means she thinks you are an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you about nothing. (Refer back to # 3 for the meaning of nothing.)

(6) That's Okay: This is one of the most dangerous statements a women can make to a man. That's okay means she wants to think long and hard before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistake.

(7) Thanks: A woman is thanking you, do not question, or faint. Just say you're welcome. (I want to add in a clause here - This is true, unless she says 'Thanks a lot' - that is PURE sarcasm and she is not thanking you at all. DO NOT say 'you're welcome' . that will bring on a 'whatever').

(8) Whatever: Is a woman's way of saying F-- YOU!

(9) Don't worry about it, I got it: Another dangerous statement, meaning this is something that a woman has told a man to do several times, but is now doing it herself. This will later result in a man asking 'What's wrong?' For the woman's response refer to # 3.

4. themyst

themyst New Member

spittinfire, that was hilarious. And I know a lot of women hate being stereotyped, but some stereotypes are true - like what you have there. It fits me to a T. I'm going to print it out for my husband, although after eleven years of marriage he's got it down pretty good anyway. ;)

5. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Truth. Those nine things can only have been written by an experienced husband.

6. RugerShootinGal

RugerShootinGal New Member

That is so very true ur a funny guy Spittinfire!!!!

7. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

I have heard all of those and misinterpreted them all on a consistent basis. Now, I know the real meaning. Maybe I will do better...but for some reason seriously doubt that.

8. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

9. Glasshartt

Glasshartt New Member

I'm with Myst and RSG. Very true and sometimes they are done without even realizing what we are doing. They are automatic responses to actions by the male of the species. It's part of what they teach us when they split up the boys and girls and school. :rolleyes:

10. spittinfire

Sorry I hijacked your thread goju....I stand by my advice though.

11. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

That's ok.

BTW, Jesus invented small groups, why not follow suit? Seriously, this is going to be a great learning experience.

12. spittinfire

He did indeed. Good luck brother!

13. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Thanks. The point of the whole thread was that my church is apparently gun friendly. :)

14. spittinfire

I can't speak for all churches but I think you'll find a large number of them are. I know of several churches that have an armed security team made up of members of the church who have taken concealed carry classes and in some cases security classes.

15. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

The armed guards at my church are off duty cops and they carry sig .40's. :cool:

16. spittinfire

You show em your 45??:cool:

17. Jess

Jess New Member

I attend a church with a client sometimes and they take security super seriously. those guys are strapped and mean looking

18. spittinfire

For years I've been trying to tell people that churches are prime targets for robbery. A large group of unsuspecting people, dressed in their best, often carrying large amounts of cash, maybe even driving their "Sunday car".

19. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Will when I get it in a week or two. :cool: