To WASR or not WASR

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by KHickam, Oct 18, 2012.

1. KHickam

KHickam Member

I am contemplating a WASR 10/63 in 7.62 - I already have a Saiga in 5.56 - should I spend the $500 to get a WASR or just take the money and buy more magazines and ammo?

2. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

hard choice. i have one, and its shoots okay. not a tack driver but hits steel every time. really fun to shoot. and cheaper ammo. but again.. 1000 rnds of 5.56 and mags... hmm up to you. all i can say is they are fun to shoot. they a great at the range but server very little purpose for anything else. really comes down to, do you want another rifle. or do you want more practice time.

3. bige91603

bige91603 New Member

Nothing like a cheap authentic ak style rifle. I love mine

ForumRunner_20121018_203632.jpg

4. nfafan

nfafan Member

Normally I'd vote to add the second gun, but I have the hoarding sickness.

In my case I have too many already and never shoot half of them - I haven't shot my SAIGA in at least 2 years. My MAC in about 13 years.

I hoarded a couple different rifles for like at least a decade before shooting one and then selling it, and just flat-out selling the other in unfired condition.

Don't be a hoarder like me. No fun and ties up cash.

In your case you already have an "AK" - just in 5.56. So - I'd spend the cash on more mags and ammo.

5. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

I had purchased a WASR 10/63 1967 AKM at a recent gun show for close to that same amount. Best deal and find ever! You can't go wrong with something as traditionally realiable. :)

Attached Files:

6. KHickam

KHickam Member

Well, I bought the WASR and then when I shot it - I turned around and sold my Saiga - WASR feels much better too me

7. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Buy another one. AK prices going up from what i seen in my LGS for almost $1K. I got my Arsenal Saiga early of this year for $800 shipped. Plus we never knows whats going to happen if they BAN the AK. :).