To swap or not??

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by ctshooter, Jun 14, 2014.

1. ctshooter

ctshooter New Member

Considering trading in my g19 gen2 and my ruger lcp on a gen4 g19.

Thoughts??

The gen4 is $450 on sale and comes with a box of 9

2. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Heck no, I would buy the Gen4 outright. You got two hands dontcha, you need two Glocks.

The Gen 4 is a nice gun, but i would not give up the G2 and the Elsie Pea for it. Maybe the G2 and a little cash. Or the Elsie Pea and a little more cash.

YMMV

3. FrontierTCB

FrontierTCB Active Member

Yea, I must agree. Sounds like you would be trading about $600 worth of guns for a $450 gen 4.

Sent from a phone I can use to do my taxes, but can't make a damn call.

4. JonM

JonM Moderator

i would sell the glock and trade up to a xdm...

5. Point6liter

Point6liter New Member

Definitely not! I know some big guys that pay top dollar for gen2 glocks that are in good shape because their Michelin man hands don't fit in the molded grips of the third and fourth gens. You would be throwing money away doing that trade.

6. ctshooter

ctshooter New Member

Well this one is in good shape. Slight holster wear, but does have Austrian proof marks

7. Shoobee

Shoobee New Member

I agree with selling and then buying. That's what I normally have always done myself whenever I wanted to upgrade.

When a tentative buyer asks you why you are selling, you can honestly tell him why, and he will feel glad that he is getting a gun that he wants which is perfectly good but which you no longer want.

8. IvanKaz

IvanKaz Member

Bwahahahaha, these kinds of posts never get old. There are so many HILARIOUS people on these forums. Yup, this here Glock lover sure got what he deserved.
    My knees are sore from slapping them so hard.

9. IvanKaz

IvanKaz Member

BTW, I would sell the gen 2 buy the gen 4 and keep the lcp.

10. Argyle_Armoring

Argyle_Armoring New Member

^^^^^ This right here. There's not that big of a price difference between the Gen 2 and a Gen 3 to justify the price of the Ruger LCP. I sell Gen 4 Glock 19's for $529. You can sell your Gen 2 for around $400. That Ruger LCP is worth more than $129.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2014