To Sell or Not Sell?

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by ALS11, Nov 24, 2011.

1. ALS11

ALS11 New Member

I have a REAL nice 4 screw S&W Mdl 17 22 LR that I MIGHT want to sell. I just have too many! I don't shoot it hardly at all. I just can't make up my mind whether or not to let it go. I bought it originally because my goal was to get back into shooting and 22's would be the least expensive way to go. I wanted a Colt Diamondback but they are to pricey so I found this S&W and got it. I did pay a fare amount for it though.
    When I bought my AR15 I told myself I would sell the S&W to recoup most of the cost, justifying the purchase. So do I list it here or not?

Attached Files:

2. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

You will want to post it in the Classified section. I'll keep an eye out. That's something I might be interested in.

3. fireguy

fireguy New Member

You can send it to me. "Out of sight, out of mind".

4. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

YUP :rolleyes:

5. headhunter

headhunter Member

Not knowing what is in a shooter's closet, it is difficult to say what path to follow.. The Smith is beautiful and I would expect very accurate. If you believe in having some ammo put by, a ,22 revolver is an inexpensive way to go. A .22 revolver is an excellent way to get a BF/GF or youngster into shooting. There are locations where discharging a CF may be unacceptable whereas a .22 will go unnoticed. If you paid too much it may be difficult to get what you want , so---.
    After a lifetime of firearms, there are many I wish I had kept.

6. .22M.R.F

.22M.R.F New Member

If you decide to sell please let us know here and what your asking price is, there are many of these in circulation but they remain a fun revolver to shoot and it will not break the bank in the process. Personally its a keeper but its also your decision!

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  7. Bizdaddy

Bizdaddy New Member

Yes, please do, I'm looking for a good .22 to have fun with and get my daughter to shoot.

8. northhike

northhike New Member

Love .22's! I would keep it, but selfishly I want you to sell it.....to me! ;)

9. ALS11

ALS11 New Member

It's posted in the Classifieds. Let's see what happens.

10. Clem

Clem New Member

Don't sell! You will regret it. I hear too many stories of seller's remorse.

11. DunRanull

DunRanull New Member

Yep, what they said... keep it so you don'
    t get "seller's remorse" on down the road.

12. Jkl-28

Jkl-28 New Member

I agree with Clem.... Only guns I've ever sold were a smith & wesson model 19 in 357mag, a browning hi-power 9mm and a kel-tec 380acp and I really kick my self in the ass for selling that s&w and browning!

13. mrbirdguy

mrbirdguy New Member

I really think its not worth selling guns thes days you just don't have a lot of people wanting to pay. Uh for anything these days but then you never know I bet it fits well in your collection you never have enought guns the only reason I ever sold a gun was to get a better gun for me only ever sold one you could not get ammo for it hardly 32 long rifle sold it put the money towards a stoger condor supreme I may sell it one day for a red label