Firearms Talk banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts
AimSurplus.com has 8mm in stock for $13.25 per 20 if you buy 10 boxes or more.

Prvi Partizan PPU 8mm Mauser FMJ 198grn 20rd Box

$13.50 ea. if buying under 10 boxes of 20. It's new production Prvi Partizan 198 gr. FMJ, non-corrosive, boxer primed stuff. Not bad stuff. ;)

A couple of weeks ago they had some spam cans of Romanian surplus stuff in stock that was $89.95 per 380 rounds with free shipping, but it's out of stock currently. :(

Romanian 8mm Mauser 380rd Spam Can

Discussion starter · #23 ·
Thanks. We still have to get together at Sac Valley. Maybe we can do that in July sometime?

See, here it is from my side. It does have pre 24/47 stamp(s), that in itself is not common. I remember when guys sportered, re-blued K98's. It was no big deal back then. $125.00 for a vet bring back in perfect condition. Now a beat up, neglected old war horse can be worth up to $800.00. You guys must know something I don't!
I understand CA wants a shooter, but it won't shoot any better now!

BTW CA, Blue the cleaning rod. It will match as they were blued to begin with.
Dings, dents, scratches always happen, they are afterall tools. Altering older firearms always reduces value. Not that some don't pay a premium for shiney and new looking. If that were not not true Mitchells would have been bankrupt years ago. They destroyed some great rifles.

Discussion starter · #25 ·
JP, I didn't realize the Serbian acceptance stamp had any particular significance. It wasn't clear to me as I thought you were just giving me some general information about it. :eek:

Discussion starter · #26 ·
BTW, speaking of the cleaning rod, there's only one small section that I can see. Is there a second piece in there somewhere and if so, how do I get it out of there?

Discussion starter · #29 ·
Thanks m72. Now I just have to see how and if it shoots.

Ca357, I'e got Some early 50's yugo if you need some I can mail a box or 3.
If you're willing to order online, surplus is plentiful, and like Snake Driver said, it's on AIM. For the New Manufacture.

Discussion starter · #31 ·
Thanks for your generous offer Pagj. I'll be ordering some next week.

Nope, but i have under twenty. I took a break from firearms for about a decade, somewhat. I get attached to them.
Wow. I get attached too, but have still sold over 1,000 of them over the years. Ha.

Discussion starter · #34 ·
Thanks Rock. I expect to shoot it next weekend.

Discussion starter · #36 ·
Dang! I wish you were closer too.

I still think we should do a West Coast get together. We could prolly' get a half dozen guys together pretty easily.

Discussion starter · #38 ·
Thank you OC.

Discussion starter · #40 ·
It was fun. Pretty simple too.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.