To my second family !

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by dango, Feb 13, 2018 at 7:51 AM.

1. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I have been proscrastinating the enevitable for some almost seven years . I put out a plea for help not expecting much , you all blew me away with your compassion and financial aid in my time of need . I've sold most of all my material things , tools , home theater , bla , bla , etc. !
    I did keep two hand guns though , my Glock 17 and my Ruger 22/45 . I was trying to get together all the money I could hanging on long enough to sell this house . You also helped me get transportation back on the road again plus fuel pellets to keep my class A wife warm through this winter . I thank you all from the bottom of my heart because we were in deep trouble . Middle of winter and 22 miles from any kind of store or gasoline with a crippled truck .

My wife is comfortable and I just need time to sell this house . Got to scale down and get closer to doctors and stores . As soon as we sell , I can then get the surgery I've been putting off too long . Great deal on the house plus much equity so I'm willing to come way down on the price . We paid $155,000 for it in 2006 plus we put $80, 000 cash down on it 12 years ago . New roof , vynal siding tucked away in great hunting grounds , nice and quiet !

I can not get this surgery until I set my awesome wife in a more managable smaller home closer to necessities . She can't get through winter in this house without me . With mainly wood and wood pellets being our main source of heat , she's not able to carry the load without me !

With our minamal fixed income , things happened faster than our modest savings could handle so know this , without all of you helping , we could not have lasted this long . There are no words that convey how thankfull we are and how much it helped us !

Now for the the other news ! In that first MRI done back in 2011 , they found two issues . The one you all know about , my neck but the other , I kept hidden pretty much until now !

When I got bitten by that little tick , I contracted Lymes disease . That MRI showed a mass , a tumor of some sort on the left side of my brain , they really didn't know what it was way back in 2011 . It never really bothered me too much until that tick ! After much research , I'd discovered that in rare cases , Lymes can inflame the neuralgical system , weird side effects , brain swelling and other weird symptoms . Spot as I call it was inflamed , they wanted to drill a hole to relieve pressure , cool , my head whistles in high winds :D ....! I'm prescribed very high doses of morphine to deal with the extreme pain , in turn , it affected my sense of humor , my tolerance to everyday stress and all in all , I'm even more weird now than before !

I really do love this place and being a part of such a wonderful group of people , it's hard to let go ! For every bodies benefit , I'm backing way off until after I get this surgery . I don't know exactly how it will leave me but I do have great faith and tenacity ! I Have overcome many things in my life so this is just another minor set back .,all things are in Gods and the surgeons hands ! We all have good days and bad days so I will try to limit my interactions here to those good days !

I don't want to go out being a complete a$$ hole , just the regular old a$$ hole you've all grown to love and hate ....! :D I'll keep coming back on and off as long as I can ! Hell , I'm still shooting for my ten year anniversary here at the greatest forum on the net , FTF ..!

Well , you've heard more than enough so just remember , "I'LL BE BACK" ....your"'s sincerly .
    (TERMINATER-NECK) .......! :D And yo mama still wears combat boots .....! :p Really do love you all and that's not normal for the ultimate loner I once was .....from the deepest part of my over runneth with joy heart , THANK YOU ALL MORE THAN YOU CAN FATHOM ......!

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018 at 7:57 AM
    winds-of-change, RKB, bluez and 9 others like this.

2. dango

Mr. McCool , <- how formal ? :D you already know how I feel about you ! <----My hero , the voice of us little people , standing for justice to the sometimes injustices of sometimes arrogant employers . Like a brother with an Alabamy twang .....:D Nothing but the highest regards , luv ya Mac !

Oh , I ain't dead yet , I will do what I set out to or die trying , Hoooo Yaul.....:)

MisterMcCool likes this.
  3. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

You take care & have a good one buddy, and you know my FB page is always open. Be :cool: !........

MisterMcCool and dango like this.
  4. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Hang in there and know that we're prating for you.

5. buckhuntr

buckhuntr Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Hoping for the best outcome for you and your wife, Dango. Keep us posted, Friend!

6. dango

A man of many words ! :D You got Facebook blisters yet ? It's great therapy though . Very easy to get people to stoop to name calling and such , funny ! Whenever I'm not up to par , I go there and look for that special post that's gets people's buttons pushed :D the madder they get , the more polite and intellectual my rebuttal . Heck , I've had people wish me dead and in return , my response is ,"welp , I wish you a long and prosperous life" , now it's on , melt down , end of so called adult debate .....Haaaahaaaha........Haaaaha......! :D

RKB, 303tom and MisterMcCool like this.
  7. dango

image.jpeg
    Thank you but you already know , I'm a professional at hanging on ! LOl

8. RJF22553

RJF22553 Well-Known Member

And praying for you too!;)

Once you move, hopefully you'll have internet...

I can't imagine when we'll get to the point of having to sell our farm, or how incredibly sad that day will be. No way we'll do that while our old Mac is still around. He's 28, with some health issues only we can care for. He's also why we moved here 13 years ago, which opened up all sorts of other blessings, such as my Fi. We both have some health issues, but we're keeping up. Frankly, I very much admire your tenacity.

You and yours are in my thoughts, and I will miss your posts until you get settled and recover.

Dallas53, MisterMcCool and dango like this.
  9. dango

How's things going with you Buck ? You been there and back so you know ! Ready for the tri-Athlon in South Korea olimpics yet ? You look and sound great ! You see , you set the standard , my mentor , all things are possible with a ton a faith and a little tenacity ! Besides , if they kill me there , the hospital that is
    , I'll probably get arrested for resisting ....:D

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018 at 10:47 AM
    Balota likes this.
  10. dango

Well RJF , when that day comes , if it comes , you will look back and think...!

"I once had a dream ! I worked very hard and very long but I did make that dream reality ! The wife and I did it , lived the dream , almost 12 years of glorious living the dream ! Nobody can take that part of our life away . Facing reality of this is much easier knowing we actually together lived our dream now out of being that wise old fart , it's time to create another kind of dream together and manageable , comfortable and still the dream becomes of holding hands and being together !

Only change is location but the real dream is still there and just as passionate , us still together !

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018 at 10:57 AM
    RKB, Dallas53 and MisterMcCool like this.
  11. dango

Today , I sat up all night , looking out a huge window , looking at the stars , wind in the background , no other sound but that wind whistling through the bare branches and an occasional jet , this is what awaits me , heaven .....! The eternal dream .....!

Today is a good day and I'm counting my blessings , every nuance and I can do nothing but ear to ear smile ! I'm holding off on my meds today as long as I can stand it , so aware , so lucky !
    May everyone of you feel your heart fill with every good thing there is !

Now this is the real high , buzz , normalcy . Yes , it is one of the best days in a long time , I wish I could share this wonderful feeling I feel right now ! Never been closer to God or closer to absolute freedom .

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018 at 10:58 AM
  12. Hookeye

Hookeye Well-Known Member

I was just thinking...........hole drilled in head, driving a convertible..........could make for a deer whistle and not ugly up the bumper like conventional ones do ;)

Maybe make your snort/wheeze call irresistible to monster bucks too.

You might just be starting a trend........get your own show on Outdoor Channel!

FWIW 40 yrs and my mom finally moves to smaller place. Likes it just fine. Changes can be difficult, but also pleasant.

Just a ranch house on about an acre, with a lot of trees/bushes and fencing. With the kids gone, and her husband in bad health, it was just too much to keep up. Built a new house, smaller, on smaller ground with no elms dying off all around.
    Way less work. Less trees, more flowers LOL

dango likes this.
  13. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

It definitely won't be the same around here without you Dango.

dango likes this.
  14. dango

Ok , times up . Got to take something , been up all night loving it . Sobriety is such a great thing . Clarity , thinking is right on and been able to ignor the pain but now , I'm dog tired and the will power is fading .

It doesn't really kill the pain totally but it does change my attitude to where I don't give a crap . There in lies the problem . Gives me a bad attitude , rude , low tolerance , you know ?
    Time to say good bye for a while . I'll keep checking in but may have nothing to say .

Dallas53 likes this.
  15. dango

The pill takes about an hour to feel , time released so as of now , I'm still ok .
    Brings a question to mind friend .

HOW EVER DID YOU PICK THE SCREEN NAME "HOOKEYE" ....? Fishing accident , sewing the top button on a shirt ? :D Now my name came about when somebody had already picked it . I was going for like Vincent Van Gogh , the Dutch artist ? I wanted Dan Gogh but it was taken so Dango it is . Now , about this HOOKEYE ......? :confused:

Dallas53 and RJF22553 like this.
  16. RJF22553

Dango, this "dream" is greater than anything I could have imagined. We're good. Were it to me, when the time comes where we can't keep up with the farm, we'll hire/rent to a share cropper and let him/her take care of things. Fertile land. Just as long as they don't hunt our critters that have grown to love this place - and us... Our barn cats and horses will keep us here until there are none left.

My personal desire is that my ashes be buried with my Fi. Hopefully a bit far off for that. Haven't shared that with my wife, but with my nephew, who "knows"...

Dallas53 and dango like this.
  17. dango

If I were single , I'd stick it out but for the comfort of my wife , it's the right thing to do . My wife has a heart condition and just can't over exert herself . She's a lot like me in ways , very hard worker and I don't want her to fall over for an unrealistic dream .

I hope things workout for you , that's what keeps dreams alive but life is key ! Good luck with both your futures !

18. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Our best wishes for peace, solace, an interlude away from pain.

And some thoughts from one member of the Go tribe to another Go......

19. RJF22553

Dango, the biggest challenge for my wife is mowing about 15 acres. She obsesses over it sometimes. That can be hired out.

We have recently adjusted how we feed our elder horse, which makes life a bit easier. At 28 years old, his molars are pretty much gone and we'll likely be switching to gruel for all his nutritional needs. Fortunately, he really enjoys it: switching to it entirely will make him happy and ease our hay soaking/draining/drying/mowing chores. As it is, he isn't allowed out in our beautiful pasture because of his foundering 5.5 years ago. He has adapted but still longs for it. We'll never get past that.

We have fall-back positions - gradual to be sure. Backing off of hay (which consumes about 50% of our chores time) to gruel and "hydra-hay", letting much of the 15 acres presently being mowed become real "pasture" - with an occasional cutting with a bush-hog, hiring someone to maintain our 800' driveway (really got trashed with the recent rains), etc. I need to work this in gradually so that she realizes we can stay here despite our impending infirmities. A concrete driveway would be great, but pretty expensive and causes challenges in the winter. I'm willing to do pretty much anything to stay here and we are fortunate to presently be able to afford it.

A live-in farmhand in my workshop would work very well, as well as sharecroppers. I have that in mind as I work on my workshop. 6,000+ SF in total, about 1,800 SF climate controlled (two floors) with a soon-to-be composting toilet and hot/cold running water.

We both have long-term health insurance that includes in-home care, and expect to use that to its fullest when the need arises. Our house has all the bedrooms on the second floor. When the time comes, we'll either get one of those powered stairs seats, or convert our family room (on the first floor) to a master bedroom. The living room can become the family/great room. We never use it anyway...

Being an Army Brat and then spending 22+ years in the Army, moving was a natural occurrence and I never had any "roots". As of last year, this is the longest I have ever lived in any one place. I have established "roots" - much like you did. I plan to die here, but plans can change when our beloved wife needs a realistic change.

We are at a time where we are facing our mortality. Really not bad, as we have both had a great run of it and are looking forward to the Salvation of our Jesus. Won't rush things, but will have few regrets when that time comes. Our concerns will be the care for the critters that frequent our farm. I am sure God will take care of them, should they survive us.

The seminal moment will be when our Mac is no more and the two barn cats are no more. Then, Mac's buddy Hawk will likely find a new home.

But maybe not...He would be the last vestige of an incredibly wonderful life here and not easy to let go.

And perhaps my nephew (the heir to all of this) might change his mind and choose to live here. He does love this place, as does his son. His wife...not so much. I would be willing to convert my workshop into living quarters for us: wheelchair accessible and all...And...Internet access!!!

dango likes this.