to conceal or not

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by bleucheeseolive, Jul 27, 2012.

1. bleucheeseolive

bleucheeseolive New Member

Going to be getting my carry permit soon and am debating on concealing or not. Live in TN so obviously I have the choice. I have beliefs but an curious as to how others feel about this.

Thanks

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Welcome to FTF. I prefer concealed but must admit I wish I had the option for open.

3. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

Welcome to FTF. Drop by the intro section when you get a chance.
    Concealed is always better than open.

#1. Why waste your money on a permit if you're just gonna open carry anyway.

#2. Concealed means concealed... what benefit is there to showing everyone you are packing, I see none.

4. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

Not sure on the laws in TN. Are you asking if you should conceal or open carry?

5. gearhead396

gearhead396 New Member

If your getting your ccl use it at all times every as I said in a mother thread I have mine even at thanksgiving dinner ALWAYS BE PREPAIRED I am going to my grandfathers rosary at 6 and funeral as ball bearer tomorrow and will be carrying

6. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Comes down to personal choice-
    Really don't matter what WE think :eek:

7. canebrake

canebrake New Member

In a hypothetical situation where you are open carrying and I'm the bad guy; I'd shoot you first. :cool:

8. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

Is there a reason why you can't do both? I mean, not at the same time...or why NOT? :confused:

See, I'm from NJ, where the gun laws were written when Adam West was Batman (I love saying that) :mad:, so I am not familiar with the law in TN.

9. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

And Steve Reeves was Superman :D

10. luckyj

luckyj New Member

Agreed. Just because it is legal, doesn't make it a good idea (I know you didn't say that. That's just my opinion.). I open carry when I go to the farm, just to ward off squatters. In public though, I always go concealed for the exact reason that canebrake stated. In a perfect world it world, it would be a deterrent. But, we all know that is not nearly the case.

11. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Carefull - thats exactly how i feel but the shet will hit the fan if this gets out AGAIN :eek:
    Die hard open carry guys are a bit "sensitive" :eek: :D

12. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

This is something to consider. But if you do open carry I would recommend a holster with a lock. Ware you have to press a button to draw. Just so nobody can snatch your gun and use it against you. Blackhawk makes some good ones.

13. manta

manta Well-Known Member Supporter

I don't get the open carry. If someone wants to harm you and knows you are armed hes going to make sure you don't get a chance to use it. If he doesn't you might get a chance to use it.
    To me its also a bit look at me and my gun if i seen someone open carrying i would be thinking prat. Just like someone does a bit of bodybuilding wearing the smallest t shirt he can find to show of his muscles we have all seen them.

14. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Good point= I was watching a show on a training course where LEO's used their own duty gear & one demo'ed a Blackhawk holster like that- I think it took two seperate "movements" to draw? Of course they were so fast it looked like they were open tops tho :eek: :cool:

15. Flat Tire

Flat Tire New Member

In Idaho if you have a weapon in the car and you have rounds in the magazine with the gun in the case it is a concealed weapon and without the CC permit you could spend the night in jail. I hunt a lot and different situations occur to where it is best to have the permit. You might want to read the laws in your state because there are a lot of different laws from state to state. I have a permit bit I don't carry a gun everywhere I go.

16. sputnik1988

We must know the same guy.:rolleyes:

I know someone that does both.

17. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

HA!

I would think that you might actually think twice about even trying anything if you saw I was carrying openly, no? Or am I missing something?

+1 That makes complete sense.

18. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

I think we all know "that guy" :D

19. manta

manta Well-Known Member Supporter

You get them every wear. :D

20. sputnik1988

What's to think twice about? After the BG guns you down, he can go about his business. You were the threat, he neutralized it. You don't show your cards in poker, why do it in day to day life.