Tires

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by NGIB, Oct 13, 2010.

1. NGIB

NGIB New Member

I'm driving my wife's car (son wanted to keep my truck until his car arrives from Hawaii) and wouldn't you know it - the tires are shot. Anyway, I begin my search for decent tires when a fella I work with tells me to go to tirerack.com.

I've looked on tirerack before but when you factor in freight, the savings aren't that great. Then he mentions that their distribution warehouse is 20 minutes from here. Sure enough, they had the tires I wanted at a great price, they have them in stock, and my shooting buddy that works for the local Chevy dealership is going to mount them for me at a reasonable price.

Feel like I struck gold today!

2. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Lucky bastage, I had to pay 1200 for four tires

3. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Tires are not cheap. I lucked out on the set I currently have. A buddy had them and had no use for them so he gave them to me. They're a cheap tire but hey, the price was right and they're black and round.

4. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

I have only used Tire Rack once. When I was in England, I had them send me a set of tires to my APO Address. The fact that they ship to APO & FPO is worth more than a few points in my book, you would be surprised how many businesses don't. It was fun seeing the look on people's faces walking out of the Base Post Office with a full set of tires.

5. orangello

orangello New Member

Congrats! I don't know what it is about some people not minding their tire condition; would they wear shoes that were worn through or what.

I've had good luck with DiscountTireDirect in the past, but i am picky on the brand and model i will use. I think a local shop has FINALLY started carrying Falkens and will hopefully be able to hook me up.

6. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Getting a good deal on anything these days is like striking gold. Good on ya'.

7. BunnyWabbit

BunnyWabbit New Member

The tires on my new truck are 17" ones. I am glad they are new right now. It's gonna suck when they finally wear out.

8. NitroxAZ

NitroxAZ New Member

Did this involve trading your beloved Glock:D Just kidding. Glad to hear you got a good deal.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2010
  9. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I only shop at tirerack.com anymore. I get beter tires for the same price as EFFING NTB or worthless merchants cheap Chinese tires.

I refuse to even look at NTB/Merchants when purchasing tires. They SUCK told me that a nail in the middle of the dam tire was to close to the firewall to plug or patch. Then when I told them that it has to be within 1" of the side wall they got all pissed and told me it was to big. While I went to find the manager they hogged out the effing nail hole with the air tool so big that the bigest plug wouldn't fix it. I did an old tango rant to the manager and told them they will never get my business.

If you look at who they have in your area as installers you can ship right there. Then drop your car off and they wil mount and balance.

I like tirerack and will go there for all my tires needs from now on.

10. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

Bad set of tires in UK will get you banned from driving for a year.

11. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

You can't beat tirerack IMO. Find a good local shop to mount them and you are in business. I had trouble with 2 sets of Generals balancing and tirerack more then took care of me.

12. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Tires are pretty spendy these days, especially for my trucks and SUV's. Someone on here turned me onto Tire rack a few months back, and their prices seem to be the best.

But then someone at work told me about a great tire place near my house, Tires Buy Mark. They will beat any price I bring them, and that includes online. Tire rack has killer prices on any tire you could want, and my guy will beat their price, out the door. I am jazzed about that because new tires are needed on 3 of my cars before the rains start here.

13. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

Did the same in Germany and even here in Albuquerque; however, with the last nail issues I have had on the last set of tires. I have decided to go with discount tires, tirerack is wonderful; but, it is the shipping and time for the damaged tire and getting the replacement.

I only did for the ease of things locally!

I have already ordered some snow tires for the wifes van when and if we go up to Taos during the snow season. Learned my lesson in Freiberg im Breisgau, located in Southern Germany and near Strasnourg, France.

We miss snow season!

Last edited: Oct 13, 2010
  14. m260gt

m260gt New Member

tires are expensive. for my car i use 315/35/17s, which are super wide. the good tires are like 200 a piece. but i have a friend who gets them wholesale and its gonna be 170 mounted and balanced. and hes gonna re surface rotors for free :) gotta love having connections