tired

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by outlaw206, Oct 13, 2013.

1. outlaw206

outlaw206 New Member

How come it seems like every time i try to help someone someone els has to step in and all but call me a lier if im neglectent in my info i will tell the person but i will find out for them what ever it is some ppl just need to get there panties out of a bunch

2. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

It's the Internet dude....everybody is an expert.

Just take it with a grain of salt. There are a lot of good people here, with lots of good info.

3. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

You'll get used to the banter. Hang in there.

4. outlaw206

outlaw206 New Member

Im tryin to man its just when i know something i know it

5. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

One must also come here willing to learn...or re-learn something.

6. outlaw206

outlaw206 New Member

True that is with anything and im always willing and if i dont know then i will say so plus ask to be instructed so i will know

7. outlaw206

outlaw206 New Member

Just others also need to do the same

8. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

grow some thicker skin or you won't survive most forums. being a new member here, did you think you could just waltz in and think we are going to just take anything you say as gospel?

9. outlaw206

outlaw206 New Member

No thats not my point at all ??? But there are some knowledgeable ppl here in witch i would like to learn from but everything i say by this point tellin someone the sky is blue others such as yourself have a big problem with that maybe i joined for all the wrong reasons i thought this was a fun place to go and help ppl and to grab some extra info for my self u know what ill just pvt message ppl from now on

10. Axxe55

grow some thicker skin and learn to roll with the sarcasm. it's a forum and just because you say something, does that mean we should just accept it without question? would you?

remember, it's the internet so it must be true, right?

11. Yunus

Yunus New Member

Is the information you give an opinion or fact? If its an opinion then everyone has one but if its a fact then back it up if questioned. If you can't back it up with a link to another source then you will probably have to accept that your advice will be questioned until you are better known on this board.

Stick around, it is worth it. :)

12. outlaw206

outlaw206 New Member

Idk how yall do that link stuff and im on my droid most of the time ill stick around jus not use to high school games anymore as far as what i put out its fact unless otherwise stated and i do defend it but theres alot i know from experience and nit something i read

13. Yunus

Yunus New Member

Ahh on the mobile app it is more difficult to link. I use the website mainly, just personal preference but I find it easier to type on a keyboard. I have linked some things in the app, just open the website in your browser and copy it (long hold the address should bring up the option to copy) then paste it (long hold again) in the reply window of the app, the software will make it a clicky link automatically. Again though, it is easier to do on the website I think.

If people are questioning what you know from experience, it's going to happen because there are a lot of different people with different experience levels and some people don't have the experience but still claim the knowledge. Another thing to keep in mind is that just because 1 or a few people contradict you or reply with misinformation it doesn't mean that many people have not used the information you provided. Human nature, we are more likely to reply to complain than to reply and say "thanks that was helpful".

Cheers!

14. outlaw206

outlaw206 New Member

True that is a good point

15. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Sometimes you have to just let things roll off your back. People are going to disagree and that's okay.

16. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

There are ALL kinds of people on this forum from nubile women to crotchety old men like me!

You're going to get responses from nimrod level experience to BTDT 10X over knowledge & wisdom.

Just remember, some of us O.C.'s with lots of experience also suffer from "'roid-rage" now and then, in our 50s & 60s, it's a little different from the type that "pro" wrestlers have been known to suffer from though!:eek:

17. DeltaF

DeltaF New Member

1) If you want people to take you serious, use the spell check function on your smartphone. Your spelling and grammar is atrocious!

2) If you want people to take you serious, cite your sources. If its personal experience, list the experience. If its a website, copy and paste the URL even if you can't use the link function which is easy: [ u r l with no spaces and a closing bracket then paste your URL and [ / u r l with no spaces and a closing bracket after the URL.

3) If you want people to take you serious, learn to laugh at yourself and to laugh at others. When someone has an exalted opinion of themselves and gets upset about every little statement, they come off as a cocky know it all and no one really cares what they were trying to say in the first place.

4) If you want people to take you seriously, realize that this is the internet and there are some idiots on here that I personally believe are a maximum of 12 years old and maybe even younger than that. They are firmly under the impression that they are the ultimate subject matter expert. So patiently explain things to them, make fun of them, prove that their idiots if you can, or just plain ignore them. But don't let them bug you. When you let them bug you and start acting like them, everyone will then begin to think that you ARE like them..... A 12 year old who gets his information from Wikipedia and his imagination.

5) If you want people to take you serious, DONT make a thread like this one whining because people don't take you seriously!

Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
  18. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Ooooh his vagina hurts. Boo hoo.
    J/k
    Just relax man.

19. Axxe55

another suggestion, stop using text talk. many of us find that disrespectful. there are plenty here that will just not even bother replying and you may be missing some valuable information. it's not that we are expecting perfect grammar, but damn man, grammar is your friend when trying to convey an idea or thought!

20. rn-cindy

rn-cindy Active Member

Whats a "nubile" Woman...? Guess i could Google it, but might be more fun to hear your definition....:D