Times you wish you had a camera...

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by AusLach, Apr 11, 2011.

1. AusLach

AusLach New Member

I just got back from a walk along the beach, there's an electrical storm brewing over the Pacific and the dolphins were surfing the waves not 10 yards from where I was standing. Would've made a fantastic picture :(

Anyone else? What about the time you shot that 20 point buck?? :p

Last edited: Apr 11, 2011
  2. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Painted a beautiful picture Aus!! Wish I'd been there to see it!

3. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I carry my camera around with me quite a bit. Often using my camera bag as a purse. If I don't have my camera, there's always the crappy cell phone pictures.

That being said, I wish you had a camera, too. It sounds beautiful.

4. Car54

Car54 New Member

Yes that would have made a great picture. We aren't to far from the Gulf of Mexico and we go to the beaches and waterfront quite often. I always take a small digital camera with me when I'm out and about, cause you never know....

5. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Night flight, Boston the Richmond VA, in August. Flight lifts off at 11:45 PM. I have row to myself, on the Port (left) side of aircraft. I realized that night was the start of the Perseid meteor shower- best seen after midnight, in the Eatern sky- and here I was with a front row seat, facing that way, at 31,000 ft, and no competing lights. Sent a note to the skipper,reminder of event. Think the crew and I were the only people awake, watching. SPECTACULAR! When we landed, Cpt and First Officer shook hands, thanked me for the heads up- they had enjoyed the show.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2011
  6. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

This one time at band camp...Wait, What?

Port is left.

7. Car54

Car54 New Member

Dude, you crack me up.

8. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, a little cixelsyd this morning. And I wanna see the pics from band camp!

9. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Sounds beautiful Aus. :)

10. jgand72

jgand72 New Member

One time i saw a really sketchy/creepy ice cream truck called Mr. Ding A Ling on the New York State Thru Way. Camera on my phone wasn't good enough to get a clear picture while moving. Kind of stupid, but it would have made a really funny picture.

11. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

seeing as this is the Clubhouse and the time you wish you had a camera, lets just say a blonde, a flute and a baritone use your imagination.

Attached Files:

12. Colossal Urprising

Colossal Urprising New Member

2 times. I caught a 10.5 lb bass. I had no camera at all at the time and wife was gone for the weekend.

The 2nd time was when I got to very unexpectedly meet Loretta Lynn in the parking lot of a resort in Branson.

13. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

......... :p

Attached Files:

14. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

When I walked in on Rosie O'Donnell in what was, let's say, a "compromising position" in a men's room in the Minneapolis airport. Weird.

15. AusLach

AusLach New Member

Video Camera:

When I was in South Africa I was asked by the owner of the property to accompany his son JJ, to thin out a group of baboons which were ruining the roofs of his lodges. They were sliding down the pitched roofs on their arses and pull out thatches as they went, causing the roof to leak.

Anyway, we took up a position about a hundred metres away from a known watering point and waited. We were well hidden behind some bushes a bit higher up the valley so the first shot would echo an give us a few more chances. Using a Winchester .308, I shot a couple and JJ got one with a Remington .375 H&H (which isn't too bad while you're shooting it, but bloody loud when someone else is!).

After they'd scampered and came back a couple of times, the dominant male came into view. He was about 50% larger than any of the other baboons and truely was a sight to see. I lined him up in the crosshairs and fired, hitting him square in the sternum. His only reaction however was to look straight up at me, bare his teeth in disgust and lead the group slowly away from the water hole! :eek:

JJ and I stared at each other in amazement for a little while, and after about twenty minutes we slowly removed ourselves from cover to track the baboon. I can safely say the next twenty minutes were the most tense of my life! After tracking the group's footprints in the sand for probably fifteen minutes, JJ, who understandably was on point with the Remmy spotted the first drop of blood. It wasn't much, but it soon grew to a few more drops, then small puddles, then one large puddle.

We found the expired baboon curled up under a tree. His chest was ruined, and I am still amazed that he made it so far. It was probably the most humbling moment I've ever had while hunting; he was truely a most worthy trophy :cool: