Time Travel...one do over...

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Jagermeister, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

...........I am still thinking about this. Harder then it seems. What would you do over?

Attached Files:

2. JW357

JW357 New Member

I would go back to when I joined the Marine Corps and choose my current MOS rather than my original.

Everything else, I would keep the same.

Maybe I would force myself to run everyday. But lets get real here. I could start that right now. But we all know I won't.....

3. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

I agree with you. Still, I guess I would have kept my Galil chambered in .308. I really miss that rifle!

4. donthav1

donthav1 Active Member

asked if my dad wanted to have a beer after I got off work that day. if he would've done that, or anything else really, instead of sailing he might still be alive

5. rockratt

rockratt Active Member Lifetime Supporter

I agree with Axxe. Most folks our age will have some regrets. There are things in my life that I have to wonder why they went the way they did. I am a firm believer that all things happen for a reason and in some cases I am left to wonder the reason but to go back to do them over again "I don't think so". I could be doing a lot worse so I will leave them the way they are.

6. JonM

JonM Moderator

I would go back about a month or two and hand myself the winning lottery numbers... other than that nothing.

If I changed anything significant in my life I would never have met my wife. Neither of us were really happy till we met.

7. CardiacColt68

CardiacColt68 New Member

Oh, her name was Teresa...and out of respect to my wife I'll stop there.

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

8. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

I need 2, the first 2................

9. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

I'll use mine for the whole country. The night Obama was conceived I'd change to his dad jerking off into a kleenex.

10. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

I would change the route I took for education.
    But for the rest, there are no regrets.

11. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

Yes, that would be it, I wouldnt change one other thing cause which one would I pick? I have a crapload of regrets, piss poor decisions and other wrongs I would love to fix but its like taking you hog out in a whore house, where do you start and where does it end?

If I won the big lottery, I could at least fix a bunch of things and have a damn good time doing it. I would love to walk into work today (Super Liberal Arts University), hand them a 15 minutes notice, grab my crap from the shop and tell them to suck it! I would send them a special 13 cent donation (Their Lucky Number) and donate a million to Morrisville College, my almost alma matter (Another thread), a local Ag and Tech School that teaches useful stuff not Hogwash!

12. Doc3402

Doc3402 New Member

I would like to go back and avoid cigarettes the second time around. I doubt it would have made a difference in my heart disease, but it sure would have changed a bunch of other things.

13. Airborne1

Airborne1 Member

I have made some bad decicions throuout my life, but if I changed one it could be a lot worse! I am who I am because of what I have done and will do.

14. nchunt101

nchunt101 New Member

Probally would have joined the millitary instead of trying to make money.

15. ellis36

ellis36 Well-Known Member Supporter

My idea on this is that life has been a series of choices…either/or decisions, “forks in the road.” Some major, some minor. And the thing is, when these choices present themselves, more often than not we make them without considering the long term consequences. Would smoking or not smoking have changed my life? My wife says she would not have married me if I had smoked. But I didn’t choose not to smoke because of that. I just never picked up the habit. Did my decision not to accept orders to nuclear power school in the Navy change the course of my life? Most definitely! But at the time I just liked the ship I was on and didn’t want to transfer.

Being in the “winter of my years” looking back, I can’t say I wish I had done this or not done that because who’s to say what decisions would have taken my life down a completely different path. And I like the path I’m on.

Sinatra sung a song “My Way.” “…Regrets? I’ve had a few, but then again, too few to mention. I did what I had to do and saw it through without exemption…..

…….more, much more than this, I did it my way.

ellis

16. therewolf

therewolf New Member

It seems the demon of poor life decisions has been my mentor

since high school. There are so many to choose from:

#1 would have been getting a college education instead of

the highly touted (at that time) "early jump on the job market".

But there's also:

-NOT taking that mint Bonneville convertible as my

first car (totaled it in less than 3 weeks)

-NOT trusting that "financial genius"(always ask to see the mansion,

Rolls, and yacht...)

-Making a better MOS choice in the service.

just to name a couple...

Yanno, in "Free Will" the RUSH song, it says

"if you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice"

How many of us wonder where our lives would have gone, if

we had stayed more physically trim, and had a better diet,

for instance? But these little decisions about overeating, and

under-exercising have their calamitous results, too.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
  17. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Sit and talk to my maker . I have many questions !

18. string1946

string1946 New Member

I was raised by my Grandparents and if I could have a do over I would bug both of them incessantly about how they did things years ago like growing a garden, curing meat and things like that. A lot of skills are being lost with the passing of each generation. I remember one of my Great Grandfathers and he was a carpenter and one of the few people around at the time that could sharpen saws. I would have learned skills like that.

19. SRK97

SRK97 Well-Known Member Supporter

If I could go back I would have not asked my dad to buy me a can of skoal that was a bad idea to ask eeeek and I would have hid my spit bottles better

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
  20. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I believe in the Butterfly Effect. If I were to change one thing, I would not be here, right now, doing what I am doing