Time to end the nfa?

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by relichound, Jul 18, 2014.

1. relichound

relichound New Member

I say it is , these laws and the gun control act are the equivalent of a government censor of free speech , in that the gov has said how I may use my right , this goes beyond regulation and into the realm of disarming "undesirables" I only comply to stay out of jail but condemn these freedom crushing "laws" were so content to keep the status quo but haven't launched a real counter attack against the gun grabbers in how long?its time to rise and using elections get some real progun people in office to repeal and replace with laws that make it a felony to disarm any citizen of the us except for criminal suspects and those actively incarcerated . I applaud the NRA for fighting to keep our rights as they are , but it's time to take the fight to the enemy and get these laws removed

2. St8LineGunsmith

St8LineGunsmith New Member

I agree 1000%
    the National Firearms act is unconstitutional as with pretty much every other firearms law.

3. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

Good luck with that! In the past 20 years the GOP has had plenty of chances to roll back gun laws and executive orders. Yet, they have done nothing on the national level. The SKS type 56 was banned from import because Bill Ruger didn't want a $50 competitor to his mini 30 that was severely flawed at the time Clinton signed the executive order.

4. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

It was time to repeal that law in 1935. Probably not going to happen.

5. kbd512

kbd512 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

How about we first get a unanimous decision from the Supreme Court that the right to keep and bear arms is an individual right, has nothing to do with the states or militias, except that it is necessary to have an armed militia to protect the state, that the right is protected by the Constitution, and may not be infringed by any local, state, or federal government?

Baby steps.

6. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

IMO, any and every gun control law, restriction or ban is in direct conflict with the 2nd amendment. also, it's highly unlikely they will ever be repealed or abolished anytime soon.

my views on what it would take to repeal or abolish them would be to vote in at least a 75% sitting Congress and Senate, along with a pro-gun White House administration to ever, on the slightest of chances of doing so. frankly, i don't see that ever happening.

our best defence is supporting and voting for those who are pro-gun into positions to at least keep what we have. we are gaining some ground in some states, but losing in other states. i suspect we will never have the same freedoms of our guns and gun rights we had before 1968, but at least maybe we can preserve what remain, as long as we never give in or compromise any further.

7. Mercator

Mercator New Member

To believe the NFA laws are unconstitutional is a mistake. Good or bad, they are not. Don't believe me? Ask Justice Scalia, or any Justice whose learned opinion you still respect. If you don't give a damn, fine also. WMD's will not be free for all in this Republic. Get over it.

8. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

Me thinks someone lives in la la land. Where are you going to drag up nine (or five) justices that want the Americans, all Americans to be able to arm themselves with any weapon that they could afford? Do you think that the people in our society who already despise guns are just going to stand aside for that?

Just assume that you got your way, would you like for your American Muslim neighbor to have a legal Neutron bomb in his garage? Do you want your neighborhood crack gangs to have .50 cals mounted on their trucks? Do you want that homeless guy who talks to himself near the school bus stop to have a Uzi in his pocket? If you want no limits, these are what you are asking for. If you think that there should be some limits, well, that is what you have now. You can't have it both ways.

As long as there is organized society, there will be limits.

Careful what you wish for, if you push too far, there will be push-back. The pendulum swings both ways. It would probably be more likely to repeal 2A. (that too is in the realm of possibility you know) Or five justices could agree that there should be unfettered access to any type firearm that was available in 1776.....and no others.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
  9. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

Ummm, don't those people already have that stuff, if they want, because they don't give a rat's ass about any law saying otherwise?

10. Axxe55

gotta love when someone wants to bring in the nuclear bomb to the discussion!:rolleyes:

can you actually point to where any gun control law has ever actually prevented a criminal act or a criminal from obtaining a firearm?

because if you actually have proof that it has happened, i am sure others like myself would like to see that proof.

11. kbd512

Between a repeal of the NFA and an admission that the citizens of this country have an individual right to defend themselves, which would you think is more likely to happen?

Can you explain how having a right to defend yourself with a firearm is equivalent to owning or using a neutron bomb?

Ok.

I am wishing for an acknowledgement that the citizens of this country have a right to defend their individual lives, with weapons if need be. How is that a bad thing? How did you go from that directly to the nuclear weapon argument?

12. kbd512

Chainfire,

As I have never murdered anyone or attempted to and have never stolen anything from anyone or attempted to, please explain to me what difference would it make if I had a fully automatic weapon versus a semi-automatic weapon?

13. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

The difference is you would be more "scary". :D And poorer, from shooting that full-auto.

14. relichound

relichound New Member

I have to laugh at some of these posts ,honestly it's the same level of fear that the gun control crowd has , homeless guy with an Uzi? Common guy cant afford food for himself much less ammo for his gun , and guess what drug dealers already have machine guns banned or not they don't care , and as far as push back ? They already want to get rid of the second amendment , they have been chipping away at it for years , is say make them be on the defensive for a change , rather than letting them ask why I need a gun ask them who the hell are you to question it, the only people I see against this are current nfa owners who want keep their old guns valuable and gun control supporters

Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
  15. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

That's because 100 million American gun owners are still foolish enough to believe the RNC gives a damn. :rolleyes:

If your not ready to vote Libertarian, then your not serious about rolling back anything.

Tack

16. relichound

relichound New Member

Well said , both party's suck at protecting the bill of rights , to bussiy pandering to the ones holding the purse strings on their campaigns

17. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Chain is a Democrat and "claims" to be a gun owner... Not surprising his arguments sound like the antis.... "Homeless guy with an UZI in his pocket" :rolleyes:

Priceless...

For FACEPALM quotes of the week there is Chainfire... For everything else, there's MasterCard!

18. Axxe55

roflmao!:d

19. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

Justice is far from blind and often not just at all. Flaws have been infused into the ointment that ensure that Justice is good for the majority vote and useless for the party that doesnt own the majority of Judges in way too many cases. The thought that any judge would be classified as Liberal or Conservative absolutely lets us know that The Constitution or our rights are not the things they care about most, its just a reference that they can redefine at will.

Lets face it, the Supremes have been wrong throughout the history of our nation and they didnt become always right just because the country go older. They were wrong on lots of things like Slavery, Prohibition, Womans and Childrens rights before they got right. I remain hopeful that those things that happened before we could stop them will be overturned someday, maybe before I die! Just because its law today does not mean it is law forever or that its correct or proper. The Supremes are just humans, they are appointed by Partisans, approved by Bi-Parts to do the bidding of the goofs that appoint them more often than not.

The truth be known, just because a Justice says its so is an opinion. You know how opinions go! Their is a higher power than the Courts in this country and thats where our rights come from not old people in robes.

20. mseric

mseric New Member

Don't forget, he is a self-proclaimed Democrat, that's what they do.