Time out .....!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by dango, Nov 7, 2017.

1. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I've had too much bagage lately . My way of coping with life's twists and turns is usually when I'm at my best . You can tell when things are bumpy by my sense of humor . The more ugly life gets , the harder I try to give a laugh , get a laugh and click on auto pilot . I'm trying way to hard and it shows even in my bad jokes , they are getting bad , really bad , just not so funny lately .....:D

I have not shot my gun in over six weeks , where I live , there is NO excuse for not shooting ! I'm too wrapped up in this "I can do it" mode right now , I've let it consume me . It makes no sense , like what the hell am I trying to prove and to who ? LOL ....sheeeez :D

I'm putting down the tools , the chores , I already know , I've done it , time to have some fun ! Priorities :
    Back pack...
    Tent...
    Beautiful spot on Cathers Run ...
    Some really good food ...
    Two pistols , 22/45 - Auh heck , the 9mm ... As usual
    Plenty of ammo ...
    Maybe a little Wild Turkey , why not , a celebration ...
    Whatever gear and gadgets I like ...
    To top it off , Steven King something , still love that child like thrill...
    Almost forgot , PICTURES ...

I'm not funny anymore and I'm trying to be ....? :confused:
    Time to go find myself again . Leaving in the afternoon , be gone three days at least . I'll set the wife up in the morning , make sure she's got what she needs and poof ...! :D Got cut short last time and I need this . You all take care , stay safe , healthy and all that good crap .
    We all need a break , me and all of you surely need a break from my really bad attempt at humor ! :D Unfortunately for some , I'll be back in a few days , by and sleep well ....! :D

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
    Balota, 303tom, Viking and 4 others like this.
  2. Dallas53

Dallas53 Well-Known Member

sometimes, all work and no play make Dango a very dull and uninteresting person! :p

nothing wrong with doing hard work and taking care of chores that need doing, but sometime we do need to put down the tools and have a little fun.

Balota, RJF22553 and dango like this.

3. Ghost1958

Ghost1958 Active Member

Thinking of taking the boat out in a day or two for some November fishing before deer season comes in myself.
    Go, enjoy.

Balota and dango like this.
  4. dango

And you , you have a great time out there fishing . Whenever I go fishing , catching anything really doesn't matter , just being out there is man and nature , the cure-all for sure ! Not really giving a damn if I got something , weird things happen . By neglect , not caring just enjoying being out there , I'd made the news paper a few times in Naples Florida . Twice for the largest weekly catch , a 13 pound 7 ounce large mouth bass ,,a 10 1/2 lbs. large mouth and once for catching a 49 1/2 inch snook , the biggest caught that week . Had to release him cause they have a minimum , maximum length on snook , he was to big to keep , Oooouch , that hurt !

You get a way and have a great trip buddy , nothing beats your line in the water ! ;) Good luck to you ! :D

5. PaBushMan

PaBushMan Active Member

You all have a great time.

dango and Dallas53 like this.
  6. phideaux

phideaux Active Member Supporter

Hey Dango,
    I hear ya man, and feel for ya...

Don't give up ,

I wake up every morning , sit there on the side of the bed, look around , to see if I'm still here, check out the room to see if it's familiar.
    Then smile, breathe deep, and think I'll shoot some today.

UUUggghhh, then I start to move , usually to the bathroom, and I get reminded of all the surgeries I've had over years, and my thinking changes to.....well maybe tomorrow.:rolleyes::pWhen it hurts to walk, for that first hour...kinda takes that smile away.

I have tried , over the years, to look at each and every surgery or injury, as just a bump in the road, and I intend to keep on truckin , at a slower speed , mind ya, till the day the battery dies the motor blows, and I cant get no more gas in the tank.

I refuse to quit, and wear out a recliner.;):)

Jim

Balota, dango and Dallas53 like this.
  7. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

How long should we wait before worrying?

8. Dallas53

well it's only Thursday, so maybe by Saturday?

dango and MisterMcCool like this.
  9. Viking

Viking Active Member

When I was a young teen and things got out of whack, I had a neighbor that taught me how to fish and he would loan me his lapstrake dingy and I go out fishing for cutthroat trout, wither I would catch anything or not, I didn't care as it was thoroughly a healing situation just to get out on the saltwater and row. As I got older, hiking to fishing lakes in the mountains was also mentally healing. Good for you Dango, something like you're doing is always better than visiting a head doctor.

10. Dallas53

but fishing can be more expensive than seeing a head doctor! :p

dango, MisterMcCool and tinbucket like this.
  11. RJF22553

RJF22553 Well-Known Member

Don't fish, don't hunt. But a nice camp-out and perhaps a canoe trip would be nice.

The Army pretty much cured me of the desire for camp-outs. I DID do a camp-out in my screened in porch one night waiting for a bear to return to finish off our bird feeders. He didn't return, but it was nice in an Army sleeping bag, on a cot, out in "the elements", with my Fi. She gave up about midnight and wanted inside. No bear, but plenty of nice fresh air and companionship with my Fi until she wimped out.

dango likes this.
  12. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

and worth every penny

13. Dallas53

i'd rather shop for fishing lures than a shrink! :p

it's worth every penny until you buy a boat! then it gets way out of hand! :eek:

MisterMcCool, dango and RJF22553 like this.
  14. RJF22553

RJF22553 Well-Known Member

Don't fish, and don't eat fish. But I appreciate the desire, relaxation, etc. you guys get from it. Just not my thing.

15. Dallas53

nothing wrong with that Mr. RJF. not everyone is into fishing. not everyone is into golf, or anything else for that matter.

i enjoy fishing for relaxation. don't even care if i even catch a fish. i have been known to dangle a bare hook in the water! i enjoy the time out on the lake, in the fresh air, and spending the quality time with the wife. she loves to go fishing. it's one of those things we share, and both enjoy doing. i can spend all day out on the lake, hardly ever saying a word, and look over at her and seeing her being happy, makes me happy and content.

headspace, RJF22553 and dango like this.
  16. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

17. dango

If Y'alls don't hear from me in seven or eight years , call out the dogs ......! :D

18. Dallas53

better be glad you checked in. the search party was scheduled to leave out looking for you in the morning! :p

Glad you're back Mr. Dango. missed you friend.

RJF22553, dango and MisterMcCool like this.
  19. dango

image.jpeg I got a late start and didn't get as far down river as I wanted to . Really rough terrain , had to spend the first night in a hammock .

I should have been at least three miles further than I was but didn't make it , oh well , suspended between two trees with a hell of a view , sun still hitting the far side wich means i still got enough light to set up camp with enough firewood for the night and fill a cup the Turkey . Oh boy . Too cross eyed to read tonight so I'll just sit back and enjoy spinning ....! Check in tomorrow ! :D This was the view from my hammock , not much flat ground around .
    Thanks Dallas ,good to be back !

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
    Mouser, Dallas53 and MisterMcCool like this.
  20. dango

Thursday night , according to my gadgets , it got down to 14 degrees and it never got to thirty . I was well ready walking with a pack , things seem warmer then they are . I did make to the place where the stream runs into the Clarion River and spent two nights there .

I was just off a major game trail so reading my Steven King book and all the activity , I got my cheap thrill ! LOL ......There where things walking that trail all night ...Eeeeek....!

Mouser, RJF22553 and MisterMcCool like this.