Firearms Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you could get in a time machine and travel anywhere you wanted to but you could never return , would you do it?
I've really enjoyed this forum and hate to leave but if I get to where I want to go I'll be happy. I'll be leaving as soon as I get everything in order. This will be my last post. Barneygoogle has left the building.:):):)

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
If you could get in a time machine and travel anywhere you wanted to but you could never return , would you do it?
I've really enjoyed this forum and hate to leave but if I get to where I want to go I'll be happy. I'll be leaving as soon as I get everything in order. This will be my last post. Barneygoogle has left the building.:):):)
well that would depend.. do i get to take my own gear along too? if so yes. i would load up with all my things to survive and travel back to the age of the dino.(ofcourse id have to take along a barret .50)

·
Banned
23,968 Posts
Piece of cake - I want to go back in time within my own lifetime, still knowing everything I know now.

Then I can relive my whole life, change the bad choices and bet/invest on every known fight, game, match, stock and election. I'll be richer than rich in nothing flat!

Then I'll plot to take over a small island in the South Pacific, install myself as the new Supreme Ruler, and have dog2000tj kidnapped from his home and transported to the island paradise where I can hunt him down and give him a combover in a strange homage' to The Most Dangerous Game. :cool:

JD

·
Administrator
26,177 Posts
Well, actually, I do that every day. But the damn thing does not have a reverse- it only goes forward...........

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Nope... I've done historical reenacting... (multiple time periods... no, not all at once!) and I can firmly say that the 18th and 19th century are nice places to visit, but I do love coming home and having a shower, clean clothes and a quick hot meal that doesn't include an open fire and hours of prep. Besides, at 49 and with my luck. living back then (or earlier) I would have been scalped, eaten by a bear, shot in a tavern, cannon fodder... or died from the cancer that I beat 10 years ago. I'm also scared of meeting any historical figure that I currently look up to and discovering that they are a jerk... or an idiot... or a vampire slayer (what.... it's from his "secret diary").

Nahh.... I'm staying right here!!

·
Banned
23,968 Posts
The future -Tomorrow with a winning lotto-ticket for millions.....
Sorry Bro - that $100 Million is already in the bank as I have the winning ticket over there on the shelf. *points to winning ticket* :cool::p

I promise to continue to support the site and forget EVERYONE that I interact with on a daily basis when I win......

Oh! And I will be holding a once a month custom gun give away with my winnings and you all KNOW I have good taste in firearms. :D

JD

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
NC1760 said:
Nope... I've done historical reenacting... (multiple time periods... no, not all at once!) and I can firmly say that the 18th and 19th century are nice places to visit, but I do love coming home and having a shower, clean clothes and a quick hot meal that doesn't include an open fire and hours of prep. Besides, at 49 and with my luck. living back then (or earlier) I would have been scalped, eaten by a bear, shot in a tavern, cannon fodder... or died from the cancer that I beat 10 years ago. I'm also scared of meeting any historical figure that I currently look up to and discovering that they are a jerk... or an idiot... or a vampire slayer (what.... it's from his "secret diary").

Nahh.... I'm staying right here!!
Agreed. My friend does reenacting and he tells me about grinding coffee beans by hand, etc. Doesn't sound fun to me. Plus, I literally don't think I could live without air conditioning.

·
Registered
8,175 Posts
Absolutely!

and sorry to burst your bubble JD, but while you are strutting your stuff on some backwoods piss ant little Island I have come back and taken over the entire Galaxy :D

I have you shipped of to Plug Planet 119, in the Blue Velvet sector, where you will be forced to herd cats with other men while wearing European style man purses :p

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
I would travel back in time to just before Al Gore invented the Internet and patent it. Then when I come back all you sumbichez will be paying me to read this post...MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

·
Registered
518 Posts
Absolutely!

and sorry to burst your bubble JD, but while you are strutting your stuff on some backwoods piss ant little Island I have come back and taken over the entire Galaxy :D

I have you shipped of to Plug Planet 119, in the Blue Velvet sector, where you will be forced to herd cats with other men while wearing European style man purses :p
its a satchel not a purse... get it right... lol

·
Registered
6,412 Posts
Zombiegirl said:
I thought it was a murse (man purse).
They get offended if you call it a murse, its a european shoulder bag!!

Ya its a murse

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
I'd go back to the days of John browning, hire him, and then nobody gets a 1911 unless I say so.

It would not be a Colt 1911, it would be the Chandler51 1911. I'd steal the long tailed colt "C" too.

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Not if I can't come back. My baby girl is just 10 years old.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts