Time for a new game!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by kfox75, Dec 22, 2012.

1. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

I figured I would put this in a high traffic area, so here goes.

The spot the "Assault Weapon" game. One of the following four pictures has no "Assault Weapons" in it. The other 3 do. Can you do a better job of picking the right photo than most of our Congressmen, and the VPOTUS and POTUS? Remember, all but one of these pictures has atleast 1 "AW" in it, but none has more than 2 in it. Good luck!

No prizes, neither cash no free swag. This is all for fun!:p

Attached Files:

2. firedawg60

firedawg60 New Member

All of them...according to the .gov.

3. dalefan88

dalefan88 New Member

You got that right

4. kfox75

Maybe I should clarify. 3 of the pictures have an actual AW in them, not what the Libs in DC define as one. AW are, in this case what the military actually used, or a working replica of what was used. I am not just refering to the US militay either. In this exercise, we are not looking for "Assault style weapons." Only the real deal.

5. hoovco

hoovco New Member

The first one has none.

6. hoovco

hoovco New Member

Is that an original AR7?

7. firedawg60

firedawg60 New Member

8. hoovco

hoovco New Member

... and by first one I mean the one with the Mini14.

9. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

The term assault weapon was invented by the Brady Campaign to demonize semiauto modern sporting rifles. Why have gun owners accepted and use this term? I see gun owners go nutts over using the word CLIP? And then claim only MAGAZINE should be used. They have no problem calling their AR-15 a light machinegun?
    Why not call them MSRs modern sporting rifles. They are you know.

10. kfox75

Sad, but true.

Nope. It is a Charter Arms AR7, that I got as a partial payment for a barn cleanout and demo. He had jamming problems with it, I cleaned it, made a few adjustments to the magazine, and put a small groove in the bottom of the chamber. Now it works flawlessly with high velocity rounds. All that AR7 cost me was my time and patience. I have only one problem with it. Everytime I take it to the range, everyone else wants to shoot it. Oh well, I don't mind sharing.

Try again. The rile on the left is a Mosin Nagant 91\30, The one on the right is a 1916 Spanish Guardia Civil, and there is an 1861 Colt Navy revolver in it. All have been used bv military forces at one time or another.

You sir, are correct. Maybe someone else would like to post some pics and start the next round?

I would call them MSRs, but not every gun inthe first picture was a rifle. I do see your point though. I started this thread to take a shot at the Brady Bubch In DC. I appologize if my use of the words AW offended you. that was not my intent. And yes, people that call an AR 15 an LMG do pizz me off as well.

Also, sharp eyed observers will notice that thos pics included both magazines and clips. MY Mosin, Mauser, and Springfield all use clips to charge the magazine.

11. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

No you did not offend me. I just pose the question on every forum I would like to see gun owners take this tool away from the Liberals.:)

12. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

I'm confused. Wasn't the M14 used by the military at one time. And the moss 500 or is that a mav 88?

13. kfox75

Cool. just wanted to make sure. I myself have never called them AWs. I grew up on or near Marine bases, so I know the differences between an AR15 and an M16, and the differences between an M14 and an M1A. There are quite a few people out there that don't.

14. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

Here on FTF we try to call them SUR's. (sports utility rifles) This was explained in the acronym section Cain sent when you first joined. Maybe we should add something elts so it is more easily noticed.

15. kfox75

Can't vouch for all branches, but when dad went in to the Corps in 1969 he trained with an M14 at Paris Island. They were giving our guys M16s to use over in Vietnam, but trainig them on a totally different rifle at home. To the best of my knowledge, the Army and the Marines are using a variant of the M590, I believe it is the 590 A1. I haven't been around a base in over 20 years, so I can't be sure. I know thy have a few of the 590A1s down at the local armory. I hunt with one of the local gaurdsmen, and he is more of a gun unt than most of the members here.

On a side note, the USCG is still using the Remington 870 on some of their cutters. One of the guys I went to school with was on leave over the summer, and we got to talking hardware.

16. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Yes I am aware of the suggestion. But it does not seem to matter as long as we call them some other than that so negative term. The antigunners used the term Saturday Night Specials in the 1960 in an attempt to ban concealable handguns. To this day people will refer to Colt Det. or a S&W Mdl 36 in these terms. Just awful.

17. kfox75

Finally got the question you were asking. Sorry, I had a blonde moment.

What is pictured in picture 1 is a Mini 14, A 10\22, and an 870. The 10\22 and the870 have been modified a little.

18. donthav1

donthav1 Active Member

it was but there isn't an M14 in any of those pictures

19. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

Oh ok. You mean to tell me the 10/22 has never bin used in a war? Lol jk.

It might be used in the civil war that's about to happen.

20. Gonzilla

Gonzilla New Member

My eyesight is poor but did you put a,flash hider on the mini 14 ? Mine was purchased in the Ban period and doesn't have one. Did you also add something to end of barrel - clamps to stiffen barrel in attempt to promote accuracy ?

Kali is hard on semi auto modifications and Lord knows what will happen if new "AW" ban becomes law. Do we get Grandfathered in?