Tikka

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by xxmuddog, Aug 21, 2012.

1. xxmuddog

xxmuddog New Member

I am a new member, let me start by saying Hi. I have a Tikka T3 Stainless Light in 30.06. This rifle is 3 years old, has done this since new. The detachable magazine falls out when shooting this rifle. I have tried various options to prevent this. I have used 3 different magazines with the same result. Has anyone seen this? I talked to my local gunsmith, he has not heard of this. Any advice? Thanks

2. Wilder

Wilder New Member

The tikka box mag is generally pretty hard to seat all the way in. Yours is probably a little too tight and not getting fully latched. Try loosening the action screws a little bit (don't shoot it with loose screws), and if the box mag snaps in all the way then you can put a shim under the bottom metal, you shouldn't need one more than .050 of an inch thick. Make sure you put a shim under each of the action screws.

3. xxmuddog

xxmuddog New Member

Thank you. I appreciate the info

4. kalboy26

kalboy26 New Member

My brother has the exact gun but has never had a problem. I have a tikka lite in a different caliber and it and has been flawless for years. Let me know if that fixes it though, it will be good to know just in case.

5. xxmuddog

xxmuddog New Member

I added .015 shims to action screws, magazine has not fallen out yet! Thanks for the advice. xxmoddog:)

6. Wilder

Wilder New Member

Glad it worked, thanks for the update.