Tide Pods

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Ruger_Nut, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Ruger_Nut

Ruger_Nut New Member

Since my divorce I have always used Tide and/or Gain laundry soap. My X never understood the concept that less of a good detergent is better than more of a cheap detergent. (Purex)
    Anyway, I bought some Tide Pods this morning. I figure I would give them a try. Does anyone else use them and your opinions, please?

2. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

3. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Like you, I only use Tide or Gain. Now that I don't have kids with grass stains, food stains, etc. I mostly use Gain. I don't necessarily need the power of Tide so much anymore. Thought I recently bought a 5 gallon bucket of Tide from someone as a fund raiser sale. Great deal. It was $30 and came with a pump.

Anyway.........I have tried the Tide Pods. I think they are kind of pricey, even for Tide and I don't like that you can't vary the amount if you are doing a smaller load or want to spot treat a stain. But they work great and my granddaughter likes throwing them into the washer when she's helping me with laundry.

If they suit your needs, use them. They work great. And they are very convenient.

4. rurak

rurak New Member

We use arm and hammer and it works great on everything. We have a four uear old who stains everything

5. Ruger_Nut

Ruger_Nut New Member

When my mom went into a nursing home my dad switched from ALL (what my mom always used) to Era, to save money. When I moved back to La. from FL I stayed with him for a few weeks until I moved into my own place. Of course I brought my Tide detergent with me to his house. After washing the first load of white clothes he was very mad. He told me the only way I got the whites that bright was by adding bleach, which he told me he NEVER uses. I calmly told him it was Tide and showed him. He told me there was NO WAY POSSIBLE a detergent could do that! Long story short, he became a believer.
    I went to his house a week after I moved out and he was using Era again. :confused:

6. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

My wife uses them and swears by them. When she worked and I did the laundry, we used Tide HE. Now she is retired and I have lost my clearance on the washer and dryer.

If this was where I work we would probably need to do a design review to approve me using the washer and dryer.

7. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

Tide is good stuff. It's all I've ever used.

8. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

Yep, I like the tide pods.

9. shouldazagged

shouldazagged New Member

Another vote for the Arm & Hammer. The powder works fine for me, and I can use the amount appropriate to the size and contents of the load.

But I've lived alone for seventeen years, so I'm not terribly concerned about sparkling whites. My little dog doesn't care, and at my age only paramedics and the undertaker are likely to observe my skivvies...;)

10. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Whatever the little woman uses when she pounds the clothes on the rocks out in the creek......

:p

Been using Arm & Hammer- we have a water softner/ iron remover system, helps a LOT with laundry.

11. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

Started using the pods a few months back, love them. Honestly, won't go back to liquid detergent.

12. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

Convenient, but pricey.
    I do 2-3 loads a week, so I used a concentrate.
    However, I've started using a bundle service. About $15. a week and everything is done. Clothes, work uniforms, sheets, towels, everything, and I'm not spending my days off hanging out at the wash o rama with all the folks who escaped from WallyWorld.

13. Steel_Talon

Steel_Talon New Member

I'm old enough to remember seeing my great and grandmother use a tub and a washboard for laundry. OP They have gel pods for the dishwasher also

14. Ruger_Nut

Ruger_Nut New Member

My dishwasher is a small amount of Dawn liquid, a sponge/brillo pad, and a sink full of water. :D

15. rockratt

rockratt Active Member Lifetime Supporter

All we use around here.

16. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

If the little woman reads this, you're going to find a boulder upside your head

For fresh smelling laundry, the most important thing... dry it outside!

17. Steel_Talon

Steel_Talon New Member

WORD!..

OLD SKOOL in Da house!!! :D

18. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

That's the same style dishwasher I have, too! :D

19. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

We use the pods and my wife loves them. No more detergent on her hands.

20. racer_x

racer_x New Member

+1 for the pods and also use some stuff from sears