Firearms Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
14,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if this is a suggestion or just an observation. I do like the new "Like This Post" feature, and I do like to be liked and to get "Thumbs Up" notices but I don't really care to keep track of that, it is just a nice thing.

I am often met with other forum members who will say that they get a lot of recognition in thumbs-ups and that sort of thing. I wonder if it would be good (or bad) to have a tally of the thumbs-up and likes available when members go to look up another member. I can find out who has quoted me and all sorts of other info.

Does that make sense?

·
Administrator
34,282 Posts
I like it. But I like it to be anonymous. Before this newest upgrade we had a running tally of how many thumbs up we had. Now it is all started over. Just for ego's sake, I wish I knew how many thumbs up I've had since I joined. :)

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
For egos sake......

I like it. But I like it to be anonymous. Before this newest upgrade we had a running tally of how many thumbs up we had. Now it is all started over. Just for ego's sake, I wish I knew how many thumbs up I've had since I joined. :)
My thumb is going thru hell right now, so this is the best i can do.......:D

·
Banned
14,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There was a running tally? I never noticed that. I like it not being anonymous though. On the other hand it might keep some members from "liking" a post that is somewhat controversial if they can't do it anonymously.

·
Administrator
34,282 Posts
There was a running tally? I never noticed that. I like it not being anonymous though. On the other hand it might keep some members from "liking" a post that is somewhat controversial if they can't do it anonymously.
If you click the "Like this post" on the bottom left, it will not be anonymous. But if you click the 'thumbs up' on the bottom right, it will still be anonymous. I always choose anonymous.

·
Banned
14,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
933 Posts
Is this an upgrade to the actual site or phone app? I use the app more often and I still do not even see the option for "thumbs up" or "down" with the app.

·
Administrator
34,282 Posts
So do I. But change happens and I might have to become more comfortable with the lack of anonymity.
Vikingdad, you can still choose anonymous. Just click on the thumbs up on the lower right of the post, as in the past.

·
Banned
14,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Vikingdad, you can still choose anonymous. Just click on the thumbs up on the lower right of the post, as in the past.
I know, but as is often the case when a new feature is added the old one eventually is deleted. I hope that doesn't happen.

·
Administrator
34,282 Posts
I know, but as is often the case when a new feature is added the old one eventually is deleted. I hope that doesn't happen.
Well, whatever happens happens. I still wish I could know the total thumbs up I've had since I started here. I need my ego soothed.

Don't you ever sleep, Vikingdad?

·
Banned
14,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, whatever happens happens. I still wish I could know the total thumbs up I've had since I started here. I need my ego soothed.
Heck, Winds, you have quite a following here of people who love and respect you. Isn't that enough?

Not really, or perhaps I just don't require much. I sleep like I eat, I eat when I am hungry and I stop eating when I am no longer hungry rather than eating until I am full. I go to bed when I am sleepy and stop sleeping when I am no longer sleepy. It works out OK for me. Besides, I can be pretty much ready to go at any given time which is nice.

·
Premium Member
6,215 Posts
It shows in the post who liked it.

On your profile page it shows the number of likes you have relieved since starting the new program.

·
Administrator
34,282 Posts
It shows in the post who liked it.

On your profile page it shows the number of likes you have relieved since starting the new program.
Yes, but........:(

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Women.......

Thats a women for you, I'll reach out an soothe your EGO, i'm not gonna say what I need to have done to MY ego.......:eek: ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts