Thumbs up for UFC

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by NGIB, Aug 25, 2010.

1. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Just got an email at the office outlining the Labor Day activities around Ft Stewart. Looks like Randy Couture & Stephan Bonnar will be in the area all weekend mingling with the soldiers. On Saturday the 4th, they are going to be at the Hunter AAF gym hosting some local and regional bouts. It's only $15 to get in so I'll probably have to head over and watch.

God bless any celebrity that takes time out of their schedules to hang out with our soldiers.

*much respect* Excerpt from the email:

2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

That is great to hear. The UFC has done several meet and greets with the troops and they have a cross promotion with, I believe it's the Army or the Marines where "Elite Cagefighters meet Elite Warfighters" and they have a whole series on the web.

Fight for the Troops was a big success and allegedly raised around $4 million dollars in donations for the Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund.

I know that Dana and company get a bad rap for a lot of things, but they have sent fighters and ring girls to several bases overseas for meet and greets and they have definitely shown appreciation for a lot of men and women in uniform.

Excellent feel good story!

JD

3. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Although I don't watch, my hat is off to Randy Couture, Stephan Bonnar and UFC!!

4. bigbad-ratman

bigbad-ratman New Member

Yeah, UFC has had my heart for a while with all of the involvement they have with the services. They have sent several fighters over seas, into the middle east on several occasions.