thumb hole

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing Forum' started by joshfireart, Jul 18, 2010.

1. joshfireart

joshfireart New Member

im not one who puts much money in to my guns but after much thought "yes tango i do think" im going to put a new Boyds thumb hole stock on my post 64 22 250 win i broke the stock checking my trap line, boy my dad was mad took with out asking him. He past a way 6 years ago we have shot this rifle for 35 with this cracked stock. The action is setting up on a folded up business card for the last 8 years it shoots 3/4 groups at 100 yards with reloads loaded with a Dillon 550. im excited and i know my dad would be happy with the up grade all keep the old stock for the memories it hold for me.

2. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Daggle thats funny.

3. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Go for it. I never could warm up to thumbhole stocks for some reason. Maybe I'm just old. :eek:

4. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I like the thumbhole stocks. I had thought about getting one for my 308.

5. big shrek

big shrek Well-Known Member

Are they even legal in Kali??

So many stupid rules...so many politicians to fire...

6. joshfireart

joshfireart New Member

well i got the stock but i screw up and deleted the wrong one and got a short action instead of the long action. It was pretty but after seeing it and shouldering it I dont think i wont the the thumb hole model. i think i will order the standard stock. it fit me well as far as length but the thumb hole grip felt small. So after paying shipping three ways it is no longer a cheap fix. but it i sure look good.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2010
  7. TheDaggle

TheDaggle Member

I think only if the firearm has a fixed magazine, and is devoid of those evil features that guarantee criminal usage, like flash hiders, or foregrips, or bayonets :rolleyes:.