Thumb breaks?

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by KBlue, Jan 26, 2010.

1. KBlue

KBlue New Member

How many of you use thumb breaks on your CCW rigs? My main carry weapon is an XD40sc; it rides in a desantis pro stealth holster w/ thumb break. when I practice drawing, i'm much slower with the break than without it. Problem is, I worry about leaning over and my gun falling out of its holster when im out and about. Anyone have any similar issues and/or solutions they can share? Or recommend a better IWB holster?

Last edited: Jan 26, 2010
  2. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Just say "NO" to thumb breaks for CC and IWB holsters. I personally think they are better suited and work well on open carry holsters. I carry and use a Super Tuck Deluxe IWB holster with all three of my carry weapons (firearms), and I can be pretty active at times. I have never had a problem with any of my firearms ever dislodging or falling out, but that's just me and my opinion. :)

SuperTuck Deluxe

Jack

3. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Jack, you're getting as bad as Robo in answering threads. You present all the logical facts available and no more needs to be said...

4. KBlue

KBlue New Member

Thanks for your feedback, guys.

I've seen others mention Crossbreed holsters and their awesomeness, especially for XDs. Does the supertuck sit right @ 3 o'clock (or 9 if youre lefty)? thats the other thing i dont really like about my current CCW rig, I'm a lefty shooter, and my holster is at the 8 o'clock position. its not very comfortable in the car or watching tv at a friend's.

5. canebrake

canebrake New Member

First, if your gun falls out of your holster, you've got the wrong holster!

Second, you wear the xbreed where you want, which is usually where it's most comfortable.

My super-tuck is the ugliest, albeit the most comfortable holster I own!

It's the only holster I have found that allows me to carry a government 5" comfortably year-round here in South Florida.

Oh yea, thumb breaks are for service carry! NOT CCWs!!!

Last edited: Jan 27, 2010
  6. KBlue

KBlue New Member

it hasnt actually fallen out, and the gun fits the holster fine. It's just that without the thumb break i worry about the possibility. Either way, I'll be ordering from Crossbreed as soon as i have the $. stupid unemployment :(

Attached Files: