Three down, two to go ...

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by skydriver, Sep 5, 2010.

1. skydriver

skydriver New Member

[​IMG]

I bought a bunch of Hungarian AMD-65 kits and Tapco flats back before the Great Mistake was made, the Obamanation. I don't really know why I've been dragging my feet on them, but I have. I also bought a bending jig and bent my flats and sold the jig for exactly what I paid for it :)

The pistol was first. Being a pistol it didn't need any US made parts but got a few anyway; rear trunnion for pistol, thread protector and furniture and because I wanted an upper hand-guard it also got a modified Romanian gas tube.

The under-folder in the middle I built about 1.5 years ago, its has a Romanian barrel, gas-tube and under-folder ... compliance parts are the Tapco G2 FCG, Gas Piston, Slant cut muzzle break and Receiver ... with some practice my rivets started looking better!

The side-folder on top I finished this morning and is the closest to the AMD-65 but with a 16" Romanian barrel and of course the compliance parts; Tapco G2 FCG, Gas Piston, Slant cut muzzle break and Receiver.

My last AMD kit is going to be a full wood furniture with Romanian barrel and gas-tube ... and the usual compliance parts ... not exactly sure where I'm going to get the furniture ... since I have enough compliance parts I don't need to use US wood I'm thinking maybe that really nice blond wood I've seen on some of the pre-bans.

Finally I still have an all matching Yugo RPK kit I bought when they first came out, complete with number matching bi-pod and I'd ordered a matching number DCI receiver to make it a perfect kit ;)

When they are all done, I'm planning on a flat black duracoat finish ... but at this rate that will be another 3 years down the road :eek:

2. pslman

pslman New Member

Those are nice, clean looking builds you have there!

Tomorrow I'm taking my Yugo RPK kit to a builder. It has a near perfect original bore and I don't trust myself to build it properly.

3. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

Man I really like "commie guns" Seeing this makes me want to get another one. Great looking set!!

4. pranc2

pranc2 New Member

they are all real nice.
    how does the pistol shoot?
    never had a chance to shoot one.

5. pranc2

pranc2 New Member

double.. fail

6. pslman

pslman New Member

I'll have to get some pics on here at some point. Once I have something pic worthy..and learn how to post said pics...

7. skydriver

skydriver New Member

Thanks for the props guys ...

They all shoot great ... reliable and straight sights. The pistol is really pretty useless except for blasting, unless its well supported like on the bench ... I've thought several times about doing a SBR on it but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Since I posted this I've gotten a bit further on my last AMD-65 kit, holes heat treated, trigger-guard in, trunnions and barrel set and what I thought would be hard to find authentic Hungarian AKM furniture poped up on my first or second search ... its going to be the cream of the crop!

[​IMG]

8. pslman

pslman New Member

Looking good skydriver, I have a Hungarian SA 2000M project in the works so this really got my attention.