Three choices.......

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by flyingbrickracing, Sep 30, 2009.

1. flyingbrickracing

flyingbrickracing New Member

An intoxicated 21 year old is refused service at a VFW post near Albany NY so he goes outside and cuts down the flag,(which had flown in Iraq) and burns it.
    The post commander tracks him down the next day and gives him three choices.
    The man spends 5 hours duct taped to the post flagpole with a sign around his neck describing his infraction.
    I'm sure you can guess the first two choices:D

2. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Scum bag. Should have spent 5 days duct taped to the flag pole with his junk exposed so people could come by and smack the junk around every so often.

3. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Affirmative. :mad:

Jack

4. orangello

orangello New Member

Nobody whipped his *** while he was messing with the flag? Not cool. If he did that in redneckland, he probably wouldn't have turned up yet. I seriously doubt the local police would even charge somebody for whipping his butt under those circumstances.

5. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

It's not internet toughness. Some people here have fought for that flag and WOULD NOT stand idly by while someone burned it and I wouldn't either.

If you really think you can get away from that anywhere you haven't been many places.

Welcome to the forums. Tango will be along shortly to say hi more appropriately than I can. :rolleyes:

6. orangello

orangello New Member

Thanks! :)

Believe me, some things are very different here; i didn't notice so much until i moved back after ten years in Memphis, TN. Things that pass elsewhere just don't cut it here, and vice versa. You can put a car up on blocks in your yard for quite a while (backyard preferred) but burning the flag will cause problems. I grew up with these guys, and i think there are occasional extreme outbursts of emotion due in part to a more general suppression of emotion under normal/polite circumstances. They aren't bad people, but they don't tolerate things they consider "rude" very well.

I'm sure the British version of rednecks would have a similar reaction to the burning of their flag.

7. neo

neo New Member

If I'm not mistaken, you have the freedom to burn it, but not if it causes "imminent lawless action".
    Brandenburg v. Ohio
    "It held that government cannot punish inflammatory speech unless it is directed to inciting and likely to incite imminent lawless action."

Since burning of the flag is expressing freedom of speech....
    If anyone pulls a gun, he can't burn it. Right?

8. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Strike one. ;)

Jack

9. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member

So I can come to YOUR house, take and burn YOUR belongings? When is that legal?
    If he ran to walmart and bought a flag and then burned it that would be his right.
    He stole the flag from the VFW and commited arson. He's lucky he got away with just the duct taping.
    When they cut him down the chief of police should have charged him with THEFT and ARSON.

10. Robert NC

Robert NC New Member

Can't say nothing but scum bag!!!!!!!

11. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Tell ya what pardner. You just come on down to Georgia and burn a flag in front of a VFW here - please do...

12. canebrake

canebrake New Member

I find you mildly annoying.

The difference between you and me is that I can do something about it.

13. Route 66 Rambler

Route 66 Rambler New Member

To Duragliter:

This is not a case of civil disobedience. It is a case of theft, vandalism, and destruction of property. To say nothing of the disrespect shown to people who have sacrificed in the service of their country.

Was that you I saw on television rolling dumpsters into a crowd of people?

14. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

Duragliter, you are correct in that it is your "option" to burn the flag if you so choose. If you decided to burn it in front of someone like me, though, you would fully comprehend the expression "Every action has a consequence".

I've seen what sacrifices have been made for that flag. I've carried flag draped caskets containing fallen Soldiers/Marines/Seamen/Airmen onto cargo aircraft for transport back to their final resting place. I've spent my time in hell on earth for that flag (and I have the priviledge of going back to that hell soon to fight the good fight). I've seen the looks of the mothers/widows/widowers/sons and daughters that has recieved that flag folded in honor of the loss of their fallen hero. I have seen the inspiration that the flag gave to all that assisted in the WTC/Pentagon recovery efforts. I have seen the immense pride and resolve that the flag can give during dire circumstances.

I've seen lots of people die for our flag so some cowards can continue living for their flag. I've seen people give so much because they believe in the core values that the flag represents, regardless of who the current politicans are.

How dare you come on this forum and make a comment so freakin disrespectful like that. You are a freaking un-appreciative little scumbag, and you don't know what sacrifice means in the least bit. You probably don't have the balls to do anything that would benefit others in any way.

You are the type of lazy a** piece of sh*t that likes to sit around, and complain about every freakin thing, but you don't have the guts to take a stand for something. You are the type that would complain about having to walk two blocks to pick up a million dollar check.

Don't freakin tell me that it's someone's "right" to vandalize something that is held so dear to alot of people. Don't freakin tell me that we are "rednecks" and lower class citizens for being pissed off because someone desecrated something that we cherish. I will give my life for what that flag represents, so I take it personal when someone has the nerve to condone disgracing it.

Go away from this forum, and don't come back, you f*cking unappreciative worm!!!!

P.S. Go spend some time in a 3rd world hell hole, so you can appreciate what this country gives you.......

:mad: :mad: :mad:

15. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Well-Known Member

I agree with everything said above to duragliter. He has NO business on this forum. If anybody is reprimanded for putting him in his place, then reprimand me too. Sgt miller said everything I was thinking.

16. flyingbrickracing

flyingbrickracing New Member

More on the story,witnesses IDed the vandal and when he heared the post commander was looking for him the burner,with the support of an uncle,turned himself in.
    The three met and the perp expressed deep remorse for his actions and agreed to the third option.
    The post commander has asked that there be no other actions against the man and feels the matter is settled.

17. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

He's a man for admitting his mistakes and doing what he could to help right his wrongs.

That's what matters in this world. The ability to own up to mistakes, and have the courage to take the consequences.

18. RL357Mag

RL357Mag New Member

Back when flag burning was all the Liberal rave, I bought some transfer sheets and made up a tee shirt with a big picture of the flag and the following words:

"Try Burning THIS One...A$$HOLE!"

"Internet tough-guy" ? No, just a 12 yr. veteran of the USMC - I see you live in "New England", I'm in NY, PM me if you'd like to take me up on my challenge...I'd be honored to show you my "right of expression", you piece of sh!t.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2009
  19. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

You can burn the flag if you want. If I am around I doubt you will have any room in your mouth to blow on the flame Because my effing boot would be so far in your face you would be pooping boot leather for the rest of your Low-life worthless scum sucking SOB life. Because I am going to stomp your *** right out your dam ears. After that I will duct tape your junk to the effing flag pole and proceed to try and remove you from the pole with a truck and a 50' length of rope.

I don't take kindly to people disrespecting MY FLAG. You are going to find we may complain about the leadership but we still respect the office and offices. We all may not have served but I am sure I can say that everyone that has posted a rebuttle to your CRAP if they haven't would have stepped up without thinking about it one bit. I did my time 8 years Army Combat Engineer. So yes after RL and the other beat the living crap out of you I can dig a hole deep enough to bury where no one will ever find you.

Druaglitter (What are you effing queer or something?)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 1, 2009
  20. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

I don't think you're going to get an answer to that kweschink. Like you, I will gladly face legal charges to defend my flag. I've already (Well, the anniversary is Halloween) given 30 years in direct support, so what's a few months for hanging a drunk leftist turd by his ankles from a flag pole?