Thoughts on the P250

Discussion in 'SIG Sauer Forum' started by Crobin152, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Crobin152

Crobin152 New Member

As mentioned before I have a P226 and love it. Now I am in the market for something compact. I have been looking around and reading reviews and I had it narrowed down to either the XDS or Kahr CM9. However today I noticed in the case the Sig 250 45. I held it and initial impression was great. Given the way it feels in my hand, my past experience with Sig and the suprisingly low price I may have a new front runner in my choice. Does anyone have any experience with this model, and what are your thoughts. I read a few negative reviews, however I read some negative reviews for every model.

2. Crobin152

Crobin152 New Member

Anybody got anything?

3. sdiver35

sdiver35 New Member

My wife had a P250, but hated the DAO trigger. She could never get used to it, but it is great for carry. The ergonomics like any other Sig are perfect and it is a relatively inexpensive Sig at that!

4. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

Very good gun. Great ergonomics and fun, accurate shooting. Nice and smooth in single action. No different with the trigger pull when compared to my 226. It comes in DCc model over here, but only in 9mm. It goes for about a thousand euros at my LGS. Easy to conceal. I tested it when looking for a new handgun. I was looking for a full size at the time though.

5. Crobin152

Crobin152 New Member

I should specify that it is the compact model and it is DAO. I have read a lot of reviews about the gun having issues FTF and stovepiping. I have never had one issue with my 226. I love the ergo of the P250 so I hope those were the exception and not the rule. I really want this gun. I am going to try and get to my range and see if they have one I can give a test run.

6. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

Oh, I cannot get a DAO over here. Must be for the US population. Maybe trying to win over Glock fans? My apologies for not being able to help after all. Enjoy your weekend!

7. Crobin152

Crobin152 New Member

No apologies needed. I appreciate all input. Have a good weekend yourself.

8. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

The trigger on the p250 is an issue with many. But it's meant as a concealed carry pistol so it fits the usage.

9. KJG67

KJG67 New Member

I have a p226 also, and didn't care for the p250 DAO, but part of that is me just needing more time on a DOA trigger - you may love it. The p250 has been dogged a bit by Sig fans. Not that the everyone agrees with him, but search YouTube for "p250 nutnfancy" - he really likes it and give some good feedback. Also search YouTube for "p250 theyankeemarshal" for some thoughts as well.

Have you had a chance to shoot/rent one? If you're not hung up on a .45 and willing to look at .40 or 9mm, there is a p250 2SUM, where for a little bit extra, you can get a full-size and subcompact in the same purchase - quite the value if you like how it shoots.

http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/p250-2sum.aspx

If you want a compact Sig .45, why not the p220 Carry (8 rounds) or Compact (6 rounds - same as the p250 subcompact)? p220 is much more popular, as it's DA/SA. The new p227 Carry will be 10 rounds, but also probably around $1000.

10. PC167

PC167 New Member

I had the pleasure of shooting the P250 a few years ago and enjoyed it even with the long trigger pull.

11. gfroniewski

gfroniewski New Member

I love my P250! I have a 9mm in Subcompact and Compact. The DAO is long but smooth, and once you get used to it it's amazing. The P250 is also an extremely reliable gun as well. I have shot about 1000 rounds with 0 failures. The modularity is really nice as well because you can switch out calibers or sizes in less than a minute, no joke!

12. reno72

reno72 New Member

I have a full size 9mm. About 1000 rds, no failures. Very accurate. Love shooting it.

13. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

Lots of people prefer the long DAO trigger pull. I am getting very used to my Nano's trigger now and am getting quite proficient with it. It is a bit on the long and heavy side but it seems to make me focus more on a smooth trigger pull.

14. PC167

PC167 New Member

I adjusted pretty quickly to the trigger, so it wasn't a biggy. I felt my groupings were tighter with the p250 than my issued Glock.

Now granted, I only ran a box through it, but that's all I needed to be sold.

I was disappointed when my department nixed it. The only cost they would have had was having it armored yearly and the ammo. The rest falls on the employees.

15. zeke4351

zeke4351 New Member

I have a P250 and have never had one problem with it. My compact feels the best and it is 9mm. My P 250 sub compact .40 is easier to conceal.

16. Dirtmode

Dirtmode New Member

The .45 sig 250 is what I want to know if its worth 300 bucks?

17. kvtcomdo

kvtcomdo New Member

Sig P250

Have a compact 9mm. Have purchased the conversion kits for 40S&W and 45ACP.

The trigger is a long pull but smooth and can be mastered with little effort. Personally I like it a lot.

The beauty of the 250 is its modularity.

I love a gun that can shoot what ever ammo is available; especially now.

My spouse likes it the best and will be using it for her CC classes.

Highly recommend it for those so inclined.

18. zeke4351

zeke4351 New Member

Yes it is worth 300.00. Wish I could find one here for that.

19. ALfiremedic1

ALfiremedic1 New Member

I have a compact 250 9mm. I love it and its the gun I shoot most accurately with. Trigger is easy to get used to for me. Yes it's worth over 300 bucks easy.

20. bclark1

bclark1 New Member

Have a 9mm p250 and hated the trigger at first but the more I shoot it the more I fall in love with it. Ive Put nearly 1000 rounds through mine without any problems at all.