thoughts on conceal carry badge

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by wieseman71, Feb 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wieseman71

wieseman71 New Member

I've seen these badges and have considered getting one. Here are my thoughts. #1 If I'm in a store and bend over to get somthing and my shirt rides up exposing the grip of my pistol some people will panick posably call 911 or get manager of store. If you had the badge concealed next to firearm it may reduce reaction. #2 I know probably will never happen but if your at a store,movie theater, any where in public and you have to engage a bad guy the badge could help identify you to other ccw holders or Leo as a good guy reducing the chances of being fired on. Please give me your thoughts or any pro's or

Silver_Concealed_weapons_Tactical_Badge_Permit.jpg

con's

2. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

Bad idea.

You dont need a flashy badge to "show off" your cch/cpl.

CONCEALED carry means nobody needs to know its there.

You don't need a LOOK AT ME.

3. wieseman71

wieseman71 New Member

That's why I said it would be concealed with firearm until needed. I don't care about cool factor

4. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

The badge isn't going to convince anyone you are safe. If you expose your concealed carry people are going to react...the badge won't mean squat. If you flash it LE may arrest you for impersonating an officer. Keep your concealed carry concealed...printing or brandishing is a crime in some states so be careful.

5. wieseman71

wieseman71 New Member

Fall and winter its easy but in summer ive had my shirt ride up at grocery store and didn't know it till I could feel the piercing eyes.

6. wieseman71

wieseman71 New Member

It's legal to open carry in Nebraska, but in the city of Omaha you have to register any handgun to do it. Conceal carry you only register your self.

7. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

People will think your out to prove something to someone. I wouldn't.

8. opaww

opaww New Member

We don't need no stinking badges.

9. trip286

trip286 New Member

This was covered in another thread long ago. At first I argued, "why not? If someone decides they want one, fine"

I was convinced later that it's a bad idea. I can't remember why, but I still feel that way.

10. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Not a good idea.

11. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

Anything resembling a law enforcement officers credentials is a bad idea.

12. wieseman71

wieseman71 New Member

I don't care about cool factor or proving anything to anybody other than proving I can support my family.
    The badge would be concealed under shirt either on holster or right next to it incase accidental exposure. I'm not trying to show off that's what the Ford pintos for!!!

13. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

I'm with Tripp on this one...

There is merit to the idea that it "might" deter another CCW holder or LEO from mistaking you as the bad guy and firing on you but I find the possibility quite remote.

Far more likely it could cause grief when witnesses mistake you for a cop and someone decides to charge you with impersonating an officer.

Just my .02 cents

Tack

14. wieseman71

wieseman71 New Member

If I remember right you are either active or retired Leo. Could you please explain further. I would value your thoughts on this subject. I'm not here to argue just trying to gain knowledge. Thanks

15. wieseman71

wieseman71 New Member

Thanks Tack valid points.

16. gearhead396

gearhead396 New Member

I think carrying it on the belt next to the gun wouldn't be such a bad idea I didn't even know these existed but thinking about I wouldn't mind if it was on my belt under my shirt next to my gun that was just in case it does ride up people will see a badge and a gun not just a gun.

17. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I can see it causing more problems, long term, than it will solve.

18. TNFrank

TNFrank New Member

I understand your good points that you've pointed out but I always worry about the drug dealer or other nut case that may have it in for cops and off you because he things your a cop.
    Learn proper technique to keep your piece hidden and don't worry about it. If you do need to pull it and use it and the real cops show up just comply with they orders to put the weapon down and I doubt you'll end up getting shot by fellow good guys. ;)

19. Devin556

Devin556 New Member

I could just hear the DA in the coutroom now. "This man ran around our neighborhood with a gun and a fake badge just looking for someone to shoot." IMHO, dont give a DA any more ammo than they already have.

20. wieseman71

wieseman71 New Member

So does a posable court date outweigh a hospital or morgue trip. Most people take the risk of being fired if caught carrying. Yet they still do. I know this is a matter of opinion and a personal choice. I'm just picking peoples brains.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.