thoughts on Bersa Thunder

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by juststartin5272, May 6, 2012.

1. juststartin5272

juststartin5272 New Member

What are everyone's thoughts on the bersa thunder line? All calibers would be a big help.

2. juststartin5272

And also if anyone knows anything about the Browning BDA. 380.

3. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

SWMBO love's her Bersa with CT. I'm not a fan. Nothing wrong with the firearm, it's just too small for my hand. If I'm not going to be able to hold a pocket gun, I'll stick with my LCP :)

4. ninjatoth

ninjatoth New Member

Here's my experience with a Bersa Thunder .380.Several years ago my sister bought one and I was helping her to learn how to use it.Neither of us were experienced with handguns at the time,so we were limpwristing like crazy i'm sure.We went through about 50 rounds without an issue.Now when I look back on it that seems pretty good for 2 unexperienced shooter with a "cheap" gun.

5. tqu9047

tqu9047 New Member

I had a Bersa 380. Loved it. Would shoot anything and was very accurate. Only got rid of it when 380 ammo was very expensive or non-existant. Regret getting rid of it but I will never sell another gun.

Tim

6. juststartin5272

Anyone have experience with any of the larger calibers

7. gollygee

gollygee New Member

My wife & I, together, have (8) Bersas, .22LR up through the UC45. Wouldn't trade/sell any of them & have 3 more on my wish list. What do you need to know about them? :)

The Thunder .22LR prefers HV ammo. Some Thunder .380s are ammo picky until broken in, but our two weren't. Break-in for my 9mm's, .40S&W & .45 consisted of clean, lube & load - there, broken in. :) My .32 cal. had a couple of stove pipes in the first 50 rounds, that's it. I'd say the two 9mm's are the sweetest shooting of the bunch with the .45 a close second.

I wish I was a good shot, but from a rest, they are dead on accurate.

Last edited: May 6, 2012
  8. levelcross

levelcross New Member

The wife carries a Bersa Thunder .380 CC and loves it, small and tight groups @ 10-15', the sights suck but sights on this gun are not really needed. I would entertain a 9mm or .45 as a second Bersa.

9. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i bought my wife the Bersa Thunder 380 last year. nice gun for the money, so far has been trouble free and functions well. seems to be well made and accuracy is fair, considering the round and length of the barrel, but they were designed pretty much for up close and personal and not long range target shooting! the recoil spring is a bit heavy and it is easier to rack the slide if you cock the hammer first. all in all not a bad pistol, for it's price, i gave about $270 NIB for my wife's pistol. yes there are better pistols, but i think they will cost quite a bit more than the Bersa.

10. JonM

JonM Moderator

Ive bought 5 thunders. 3 were the 7 round thunder 380s my wife has one i have one and i gave one to a friend of mine in texas. Ive also got one of their thunder 22s and my favorite is the thunder 380 plus double stack 15+1.

Fit is really good function is outstanding finish is ok.

I like the thunders better than any other 380 ive tried including the walther ppk. Triggers on the bersas are faaaar better than the ppk

11. orangello

orangello New Member

I liked the BT i had, and i hope to purchase another in the near future. This time i want the double stack magazine.

12. Viking

Viking Active Member

All the Bersa pistols I've shot have been flawless, they are very well made considering their price. A friend had a Bersa Thunder 40 and the only time he had a problem is when he limp wristed it. I would not hesitate to own one of any caliber.

13. chucksolo69

chucksolo69 New Member

Mine is flawless as well. One of the best gun values I have ever bought. Once, at my local range, I was able to put 2 out of 5 shots in the bullseye of an NRA slow fire pistol target at 25 yards. The rest were in the black; I haven't been able to do it again though. Darn accurate gun for being so small.

14. Staestc

Staestc New Member

+1 for the Bersa .380 CC. Never had a problem at all, and amazingly accurate after I learned to hold the little thing. And yes, sights are all but non existent on the CC.

15. GaMatt72

GaMatt72 New Member

My wife has a Bersa Thunderbolt 380. It is a good firearm. It performs well. Out of all the ones she tried she liked the way it felt the best, even better to her then a Walter. She is happy with it.

16. group17

group17 New Member

The Browning is a clone of the Beretta 84 both larger 380's. Both great pistols if you don't mine 380 in a 9mm compact pistol size.

I have 2 Bersa's, a Thunder 380 duo and a Firestorm 22. Both totally reliable. The Firestorm allows me to shoot a lot cheaper than the 380 in the same size gun.
    The best feature for me is it is a DA/SA pistol. Rare for a compact 380 these days.

17. Minnesotalean

Minnesotalean New Member

I have the thunder uc 9mm I love it fits your hand like a glove looks good and shoots straight and I haven't has a problem yet its actually pretty powerful for a sub compact I think and its so east to taker down and clean less than 30 seconds to field strip it

18. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

I have a thunder .380. I carry it a lot in the summer bc it is so small and easy to counsel. I don't have any compact guns. I am thanking about an m&p shield or something like it. Nothing against the thunder but I'm just not comfortable with the .380 round.

As far as the guns function I have shot it a lot. And I can say after having it for 5 years I have literally never had one single problem with it. It is very accurate for a .380.

19. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

Hear is a pick of mine.

Attached Files:

20. clearsights

clearsights New Member

I have the exact same gun. Great feel in my hands, accurate and have had no issues for over 400 rounds.