1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Retired
13,623 Posts
Buy plenty of ammo and shoot it.

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
Get real well acquainted with it. Be Safe!

·
Premium Member
22,674 Posts
Shoot it. A lot. Then shoot it some more!:p

Then start reloading for it so you can afford to shoot it even more!:)

·
Registered
196 Posts
You might as well just buy factory loads with a 9mm it costs about the same either way, really more if your only reloading one caliber. Could pay off for hollow points or match grade stuff though.

·
Supporting Member
2,130 Posts
No need for mods, its fine the way it is, just shoot it and enjoy! congrats

·
Registered
164 Posts
Good gun for the price. I have the SD40ve and I use it for home defense. It's had performed flawlessly out of the box. I personally don't think it's a good CCW gun, but better suited for the nightstand or glovebox. Looks good though.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Definitely underrated in the market. People equate them to the SW9VE but they are a better made gun in every way. They are actually a hybrid of the Sigma design and the M&P. I have the original SD9 and the newer SD9VE. Both are excellent shooters and are 100% reliable. Very similar in size to the G19 but feel slimmer and has MUCH better ergonomics.

I installed an Apex spring kit in each of mine. Smoothed out the trigger and dropped the weight from approx, 8lbs to 5.75lbs. A noticeable improvement and WELL worth the $20 bill per kit. Some polishing made the trigger even nicer.

·
Registered
46 Posts
What did you pay for it if you don't mind me asking? I'm looking into getting one. Is yours new? It looks very nice. Let us know what you think after you shoot it.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sentry18 said:
Definitely underrated in the market. People equate them to the SW9VE but they are a better made gun in every way. They are actually a hybrid of the Sigma design and the M&P. I have the original SD9 and the newer SD9VE. Both are excellent shooters and are 100% reliable. Very similar in size to the G19 but feel slimmer and has MUCH better ergonomics.

I installed an Apex spring kit in each of mine. Smoothed out the trigger and dropped the weight from approx, 8lbs to 5.75lbs. A noticeable improvement and WELL worth the $20 bill per kit. Some polishing made the trigger even nicer.
Do you have any pictures?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Partridge02 said:
What did you pay for it if you don't mind me asking? I'm looking into getting one. Is yours new? It looks very nice. Let us know what you think after you shoot it.
It cost me 339 from fin feather fur

·
Registered
162 Posts
This is my original SD9 after the trigger upgrades but before I installed the new sights. I will try and get some new pics of the SD9 and SD9VE together in their current configuration.

This is my SD9VE. I started with a set of TruGlo TFO's for an M&P on it, but they just didn't trip my trigger. So I went back to Warren Tactical sights.

Also, on a side note, the MecGar +2/3 adapters for the Beretta 92 fit these mags nicely. I would not use them for defensive purposes without more testing, but so far they have worked just fine at the range.

I paid around $325 for my SD's, but now they are selling for around $375 locally with two 16 round magazines.

Galloway Precision is working on a spring kit to compete with Apex that claims to be even better. I can tell you that some polishing also does wonders for the trigger.

I will also add that my MGW M&P sight tool works on the SD series like it was made for it. Makes swapping sights uber easy and you can rent them from Speed Shooter Specialties.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sentry18 said:
This is my original SD9 after the trigger upgrades but before I installed the new sights. I will try and get some new pics of the SD9 and SD9VE together in their current configuration.

This is my SD9VE. I started with a set of TruGlo TFO's for an M&P on it, but they just didn't trip my trigger. So I went back to Warren Tactical sights.

Also, on a side note, the MecGar +2/3 adapters for the Beretta 92 fit these mags nicely. I would not use them for defensive purposes without more testing, but so far they have worked just fine at the range.

I paid around $325 for my SD's, but now they are selling for around $375 locally with two 16 round magazines.

Galloway Precision is working on a spring kit to compete with Apex that claims to be even better. I can tell you that some polishing also does wonders for the trigger.

I will also add that my MGW M&P sight tool works on the SD series like it was made for it. Makes swapping sights uber easy and you can rent them from Speed Shooter Specialties.
Where did you find an extended mag and how many rounds does it hold?

·
Registered
162 Posts
They are MecGar +2 extensions for the Beretta 92. I bought them from G&R Tactical and were advertised for the M&P 9mm. I have found they work on the Beretta 92, M&P 9mm and SD9 / SD9VE, but they may work on others as well. They are supposed to be a +2 but in some mags I have gotten +3 in them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts