Thoughts/expiriences on the Remington 798

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by sharpshooter5647, Jan 31, 2012.

1. sharpshooter5647

sharpshooter5647 New Member

I know they stopped making them and now it's imported by USSG Zastava Z98
    But I wanted to know your thoughts and expiriences with the rifle

On accuracy
    Function
    Long range accuracy

I'd get it In .300 win mag

And at a price tag of 600, should I just buy the Z98 since its the same action

2. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

Our local general store sold some and there asking price with the reminton label was closer to 425 or may be a bit less. Unless that one has a nice scope too ,I would pass. The CZ version of the same action is a more costly rifle but has support that the remmy or EAA will not havem now. I tihink EAA had them for the same basic price range but see there not listed anymore.

3. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

Zastava is not CZ, it is Zastava, Serbia. It is the old red banner works, Prodeze44.
    They have always made some of the most accurate Mausers out there. I would not flinch at buying one. Screw the name, that is up to you.

4. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

The CZ use's the same pattern action in there 550 rifle. A commerical maurser 98. And that one is a darn fine rifle, better over all but costly more even at the lower end.. To bad the Zastava M-98 copy they has to go thru a donkey's rear end of a company like EAA . I had one of Interarms Mark X versions many years a ago. It to was a zastava rife but from a Yugoslavia plant back then. Nice rifle ,acurate but like all mausers not quite while cycling. But a nice rifle. Zastava as most know it today was renamed back around the first part of 2003 to simple Zastava dropping part of the name.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2012