thoughts about xd 9mm sc

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by nulife1, Jan 2, 2012.

1. nulife1

nulife1 New Member

Would like to know what people think

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

i know the xdm compact is a dream to shoot for a small gripped gun. rented one a few weeks ago then got a xdm compact in 45acp. cant imagine the shorter barrel would be worse. it can still use the full 19+1 9mm mags

3. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

They're excellent guns. The only drawback is that your "subcompact" will be extremely fat/thick, just like a Glock 26. For some that's deal-breaker, and for others it's a non-issue.

I would trust an XDsc 100%. But I'd usually prefer to carry a slimmer doublestack (maybe Ruger SR9c) or a single stack.

4. nulife1

nulife1 New Member

Thanks for the info. I have a clock 19 that is not reliable and a pf9 that will only shoot high dollar rounds so I was thinking of a xdsc for edc. I have shot the xdsc 40 many times and I like it.

I was told you could change the 9mm to a 40 later if I wanted is that true?

5. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

I've got the .40 version. It's a great gun. Accurate and reliable. It's a bit chunky, but it conceals fine.

6. dborns

dborns New Member

Its a great gun. I've had mine for 5 years, and its my carry gun. It is a little thick, but still comfortable even with a full extended mag. I normally carry it in an IWB holster or a Fobus holster under a sweatshirt. I wore it in a belly band for a 3 mile run yesterday, and had no issues. The only downside that I found was trying to find a good light for it. I tried a Surefire, and it stuck out to far and made the gun too big for my IWB holster and obviously can't be used in the formed Fobus holsters. My solution to that was to buy an XD .40 for home protection and use the 9mm as my primary carry gun.

7. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

Lay it over the top of an XDM compact and compare the two... I went with the XDMc

8. nulife1

nulife1 New Member

I got my xdsc Saturday and it is great. Oh and just a heads up my friend has the xdsc 40 and all the parts are inter changeable. We even run 9mm rounds in my new 9 with his 40 mag. Put my slide and stuff on his gun. Everything worked fine..

9. 007BondJamesBond007

007BondJamesBond007 New Member

Check out the Walther P99AS. Thin and easy to carry. Great trigger adjustable sights, shoots great. The German's got it right. I was really surprised when I first shot one.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  10. Chandler51

Chandler51 New Member

They are thick, yes. But for such a high capacity, it's a fair trade, IMO. But as sweeper states, better check it out because lots of people don't care for that.

I carry mine in a CBH supertuck, and it suits me just fine.