Those annoying little questions

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Davyboy, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

A small illustration

I once had to baby sit my sisters 5 year old who asked me what I was doing every five seconds. Literally. We were about to have a BBQ and the conversation went something like this:
    Kid: What are you doing?
    Me: Chopping onions.
    Kid: Why?
    Me: ‘Cause people like onions on the Barbie, you know?
    Kid: Why are you wearing your sunglasses?
    Me: ‘Cause the onions are making me cry
    Kid: Why are they making you cry?
    Me: I dunno, it’s just something that onions do, I’m not a scientist.
    Me: Because I hate anything science related, prefer the unknown, and, besides, still find the fact that the human came up with stairs amazing.
    Me: Because, you know, how did they do it, people? How did they figure out that stairs would get them from down here to up there?
    Kid: What are you doing now?
    Me: Washing the dishes
    Me: Because they’re dirty
    Kid: Why are they dirty?
    Me: Because I’ve just used them to cut up the onions
    Kid: Why are you cutting up onions?
    Me: ‘Cause we’re having a Barbie
    Kid: Why are we having a Barbie?
    Me: Because we’re hungry
    Kid: Why are we hungry?
    Me: ‘Cause your body needs fuel in order to function and our fuel is food.
    … I’m going to stop at this point. As you can imagine, after that annoying set of questions I ended up frying the kid on the BBQ. Not really but damn near.

and also " what is the best gun " :D:D:D

2. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

Why did you post this? Why did you stop at this point? Why not more? :D haha. Kids ask the craziest ****!!!

3. orangello

orangello New Member

Thank you Trojan, EMEFFIN thank you Trojan!

(DB, Trojan makes condoms)

4. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

"Dad can I have"........ :mad::mad::mad:

5. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

Mine is on the "why" question a lot right now, drives me nuts.

6. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

Didn,t even notice as much with my kids but somehow its a lot harder with other peeps kids. One of my nephews shot me several times with a BB gun. Sisters response "Be careful not to shoot uncle Davy in the face" Little fecker was aiming for my groin. She is a bit pookie though.

7. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Quoted for EM-EFFING TROOF!!

8. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I combatted this by giving an explanation so long and indepth and then quizzed them on the info later. My daughters learned pretty quick to not ask unless they had about 15 minutes to spare.

9. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I remember my kids going through that stage. Looking back, it was funny. But it was annoying. Seriously, though, that's how they learn.

10. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

Best form of birth control is watching an early toddler and late teen for a weekend :)

11. USEBOTHHANDS

USEBOTHHANDS New Member

i learned this EARLY on with my 4 y.o...................he/she asks questions cuz Unca Davy will answer him/her truthfully. it might drive you nuts, but EVERYTHING you tell him/her he/she will remember..........especially if you make the time for him/her. then.......he/she will stop with the "whys" and gravitate more to, "why," "oh okay," "i love you Unca Davy." ;)

12. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

I would do my best to wear them out with my explanation and keep talking so they can't fit in a "why?" edgewise. It works I tell you! Short answers are the worst way to handle it.

Why do onions make you cry?

Well, I can't help but to think about the poor farmer who grew these very onions and how he needs me to buy them so that he can feed his family because he is so poor and he has to sell all of the food he grows to buy clothes for his family and when he buys clothes for the family he can't afford to buy food which he grows in his fields to sell to me and a million other people who like onions but not just these kinds of onions there are hundreds of different kinds of onions and there is another farmer for every other kind of onion that we eat and people don't just put them on the Barbie to cook them some people some people cut them up and make onion rings out of them ........

And on and on until the little girl wanders away.

13. steve666

steve666 New Member

I love little kids... OP's (other peoples). Why??? 'Cause when they start to get annoying you can leave!!! And it's so much fun to get the kid either hyper or cranky and tired and then give them back to the parents. A buddy of mine and I used to take his grandson to the State Fair. His mother had to deal with his being bouncing-off-the-walls excited for a week before hand; and between the heat, the rides, and feeding him enough junk food to take down an elephant he was in perfect shape to return to her!
    [​IMG]

14. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

I believe I was attempting to illustrate quite often children are at best challenging at there worst is an attribute to there parents.

15. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

My dads answer for the why question used to be, "To make little kids ask questions".

16. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

My dad was of the Children should be seen and not heard generation.

17. USEBOTHHANDS

USEBOTHHANDS New Member

ain't that the truth!!!

18. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Actually it is when they are quiet that you have to worry.

19. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

are you kidding? I LOVE my grandkids. Give them presents. Pixie Stix, espresso, and a new kitten- and send them home. :p

With the question of questions- sometimes we have a failure to communicate.

Little girl wanders out, sits down beside Grandad. Looks at him, and says "Grampa- what is couple sex?" DEEP gulp- well- straight answer. So Gramps explains about boys and girls, and babies, and how they come to be.

When he finishes, she just says "Oh. Ummm- Gramma says dinner will be ready in a couple of secs....."

20. USEBOTHHANDS

USEBOTHHANDS New Member

taken for the TRUTH!!!