thompson semi auto

Discussion in 'Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion' started by paddy, Aug 27, 2007.

1. paddy

paddy New Member

i have a 1927 a 1
    semi auto it has a closed bolt system
    can it be changed to open bolt system?

2. Etho

Etho New Member

Nope.

Open bolts were outlawed by the Alphabet Boys some years back. I think if they were made before that date they were ok but any after whatever date it was is/was a no-no.

3. paddy

paddy New Member

thanks
    the a1 was made in 74 i guess the older model could be changed out with a kit from colt

4. Gunnutz13

Gunnutz13 New Member

My 1927a1

Here's a picture of my Commando...

I got six 30 round sticks and a 50 round drum...and it spits 45's as fast as I can pull the trigger...

I would liked to have the shorter barrel, but I'm not willing to pay the tax and invite BATF into my house....

Attached Files:

5. Tanker60A3

Tanker60A3 New Member

Accuracy?

What kind of a group can you get out of that rifle at, let's say, 50 yards? The sights on the one I looked at were a little more crude than I had expected. Right now I have a Bushmaster Carbon 15 in 9mm that scratches my itch for a rifle in pistol chambering (and a Marlin 1894C), but sometimes those rashes spread and you have to get something else!!!!!!

6. Gunnutz13

Gunnutz13 New Member

Accuracy

I get very good groups from my Tommy gun out at 50 yards with the 16 1/2" compensated barrel.

Having said that...it is a pistol round ( .45acp )...and anything past 50 yards calls for a rifle round like the 30.06...

But up close...used as a trench broom, as it's inventor envisioned...the word devastating comes to mind