This week. Time with my girls..

Discussion in 'Training & Safety' started by yesicarry, Apr 3, 2010.

1. yesicarry

yesicarry New Member

Am going to take my 3 yr. old daughter to the range in the next week. Only as observers. She has her hot pink hearing protectors.25dB. Nice warm jacket and Dad showing her the sound, feel and hopefully love the sport. She knows Dad goes shooting but she has never seen where I go.
    My wife might even like it. Thus meaning more hours on the range with the family.

Wish me luck..Crossing fingers.

With little ones, I think training begins way before shooting.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2010
  2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Best of luck. It will be great to make it a family affair.

3. yesicarry

yesicarry New Member

Thanks CA357..

I figure that if I can expose my daughter to it this early, she will want to shoot at the age of 5.

4. carloglock19

carloglock19 New Member

I'm also looking forward to this week at the range with my kid he is on spring break and we have it all planned out and tons of ammo! Good luck and have a fun and safe time at the range with your family!

5. TheGunLady

TheGunLady New Member

That is SO COOL!!!!

You GOOooooOOooOoooO, Dad!!!!! :D

Future generations of free-women thank you in advance!! You may never know the impact you have on the freedom of women in both this country and the world, but rest assured that you and all dads like you DO make a BIG DIFFERENCE. Your girl will never wear a burka unless she just wants to make a fashion statement. ;)

6. doctherock

doctherock New Member

sounds great. I remember going shooting with my father at a young age. Great memories and now im an expert marksman, guess it helps to learn early.

My wife went shooting with me and now she loves it.

7. yesicarry

yesicarry New Member

Thank You for that compliment ! That means a lot. The only reason my little girl will wear a burka is to hide the shotgun..:eek:;)
    Would like for her to grow up as a self sufficient person not having to rely on anybody else.
    She is already asking for a "pink" rifle. But she has 2 yrs. to go.

Being a gentleman, I tip my hat to ya'..

8. yesicarry

yesicarry New Member

Ya know, I have same memories of Dad and I on the range also. NRA Competitions back in the 70's. Was certified Pro-marksman at the age of 13.
    It does pay to start early !

That's why my daughter will be very educated in firearms. Good times with Dad memories. My little girl already knows the difference between a shotgun,rifle and pistol before the age of 3.

I can only imagine 2 yrs. from now,.. " Daddy, my rifle needs a scope !"..Yes, she already knows the difference between binoculars and a scope..

My wife likes it.. Just not "love" it.... YET...hehe

9. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Just be prepared for them to shoot your pants off when they grow up!

[​IMG]

Teach your kids well, it pays off for everyone.

[​IMG]

10. ALSGUN

ALSGUN New Member

Early training is the way to go and creating a together sport is a sure way to keep the family happy:)