This stuff should be ILLEGAL

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by DeltaF, Sep 7, 2013.

1. DeltaF

DeltaF New Member

Please reference the following note are evidence:

Dear Wife ,
    I appreciate you thinking about me when you saw the Goya brand "ginger beer" at the store and put it in my bag for work. I took a long chug on the way out the door. It tasted pretty good. And then came the after effects. I am pretty sure an entire troop of fire breathing Jamaican jugglers trampled down my gullet. This was followed by several nuclear explosions in the back of my throat. The jamaican midgets then lit a sumo wrestler on fire and rolled him down my throat into my stomach. Which immediately became the biblical definition of hell; A lake of fire. After which they must have tagged my chest with a laser because I felt an immediate explosion in my chest from a napalm airstrike. The Syrian gas attack had nothing on the Jamaican Goya Ginger Beer attack. Please check the ingredient list on the root beer bottle. I'm pretty sure the main ingredient is either habanero peppers, or gasoline .

Thank you for this wonderful early morning experience,
    Signed, whatever is left of your husband.

2. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

Ginger beer is delicious but its not something I usually drink straight, Its awesome with a Jigger of good Vodka, a squeeze of Lime and served in a copper cup. Its called a Moscow mule and they are the best summer drink ever.

3. DeltaF

DeltaF New Member

I have never had a commercial ginger beer that tasted like that crap. I make my own from scratch and mine doesn't taste like that either.

4. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

Try, the Saranac brand if you can find it, much better!

5. DeltaF

DeltaF New Member

Man I'm just gonna keep drinking my own dang ginger beer and whatever else I can grab at whole foods. This other crap had gasoline in it I'm telling you!

6. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I once bought crystallized ginger because someone told me it was good, like candy. I tasted it and it was HORRIBLE. I let him have the bag.......which is probably what he wanted in the first place.

7. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

LOL, Ginger beer is NOT root beer. OP, I agree, very nasty stuff. Fortunately, I found this out with a very small sip. Ever try Moxie?:D

BTW, when you say you make your own, do you mean root beer? Like A&W?

8. DeltaF

DeltaF New Member

No. I mean my own fermented ginger beer. I grate a ginger root into a sanitized jar, add brown sugar and water and wait till I see bubbles. Then I strain the liquid into a gallon jug or a couple of two liter coke bottles, add sugar, water and liquid malt extract and let it sit out till the bottles get hard. Then I refrigerate, pour and drink.

9. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

Ummm. No offense, I think I'll pass. I'll take the A&W, please. LOL

10. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Barq's...just sayin'.

11. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Avoid Ginger Beer. Check!

12. Yunus

Yunus New Member

I've had some good ones before. I would say it's avoid GOYA Ginger beer. I wonder if I could remove rust with it :D

13. DeltaF

DeltaF New Member

I think you would dissolve the firearm and the rust and your hand in the process.

14. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Does ginger beer have an alcohol content or is it like root beer?

15. DeltaF

DeltaF New Member

Usually its like Root beer. But it can be alcoholic. Theres probably even a commercial craft ginger beer or 2 out there

If I allow my ginger beer to ferment in the fridge for about 2 weeks it hits about 4% ABV.

I once backsweetened one of my homeade amber lights using lactose and root beer concentrate and had alcoholic root beer. It was slammin!!!

16. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

Never straight, for Dark and Stormys.
    Ginger beer and high proof Black Seal rum.

17. DeltaF

DeltaF New Member

They definitely have straight alcoholic ginger beers.

image-3334993555.jpg

18. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

No, I meant don't drink ginger beer straight, with or without alchemy.

19. ZombieBrawler

ZombieBrawler New Member

I like ginger beer straight... Its good.

20. DFlynt

DFlynt New Member

Crystallized ginger is good for settling an upset stomach just like drinking a ginger ale is.