This person was teaching in college...

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Overkill0084, Jun 8, 2012.

1. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

This person was teaching in college...I'd want a refund on that tuition.

This is one of those "You can't make this **** up" incidents:

http://onlineathens.com/breaking-news/2012-06-08/uga-professor-charged-prostitution

:eek:

There are some seriously messed up people gravitating toward teaching in recent years, but this is unique.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2012
  2. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

seriously messed up, but what harm is in commerce between two consenting adults?

3. Overkill0084

So you'd be good with paying this guy to teach your kids german knowing his particular... proclivity? Sorry, I'm not so open minded.

4. JonM

JonM Moderator

the reason its illegal is because someone is having fun someone else is making money that is almost impossible to tax

5. partdeux

If I was bothered by his proclivity, then maybe, but who cares, he's teaching German.

What difference does it make, as long as my kid learns German?

6. Overkill0084

If I need to explain...
    I suspect there is no way we are going to agree.

How about leading your son's cub scout troop?

7. partdeux

Two consenting adults

College teacher...

Changing material facts is not important to this discussion.

8. Overkill0084

In this particular instance, there were in fact not two consenting adults. Otherwise...no article.

I'm thinking "former college teacher" sounds better.

Trying to figure out if there is any place you draw the line.

9. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I am with you Overkill.

10. Vincine

Vincine New Member

I'm sorry; Which one was underage? Which one wasn't consenting?

11. wjnfirearms

wjnfirearms New Member

Sorry, I have to side with overkill on this one. I don't consider myself a homophobe, but this behavior is indicative of more than sexual preference.

Also, I thought professors got paid pretty well to teach.

12. Overkill0084

The cop. :p

13. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

This whole news bit wasn't even worth the effort of posting. :D

14. Overkill0084

So I must be living a sheltered life. Apparently, I'm the only one who finds a 65 yo college prof dressing up as a woman and prostituting himself (?) just a bit out of the ordinary. Even if one isn't burdened with the oddly outdated concept of morals, I would think that most would at least find it noteworthy, simply for it's peculiarity.

15. Vincine

Vincine New Member

Reinhart and the undercover officer came to an agreement to exchange 30 minutes of sexual service for $60.
    “After they came to the agreement, that was enough for a charge,” Smith said.

I’m just wondering:

Doesn’t ‘sexual service’ actually have to be rendered to be prostitution?
    Is there such a thing as ‘Attempted Prostitution?
    What if Reinhart provided the service but wasn’t paid, did theft of services occur?
    What if Reinhart demanded the fee first, but then declined to provide the service, would it still be prostitution or petty larceny?
    If the service was rendered under the pretense that Reinhart was, in fact, a female, would that be misrepresentation?
    What if only 23 minutes of service was provided? Would that be a breach of an oral contract (literally & figuratively ;))? What would the remedy be? Would the rate be prorated?

(Don't mind me. I'm just trying to avoid cleaning the house.)

16. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

I'm with Dr. Ron Paul on this. Were does the state get off regulating a business transaction. Simple answer, it they can't tax or license it, it's illegal.:rolleyes:

The moral argument against prostitution has kept it illegal and the illegality is one of the tools pimps use to force young women into this life.

Were it legal, States and cities would immediately have budget surpluses and the only ones participating in it would actually be doing it by choice.

The prevailing thought here is that NO ONE has the right to choose whether or not WE can buy or sell guns...so why do so many of us think it's our place to decide whether or not a person can profit from sexual activity?

Honestly, what's more dangerous, buying a weapon to discharch or renting a hooker to discharge your gun?

Tack

Last edited: Jun 9, 2012
  17. gregs887

gregs887 New Member

Where did it say this guy was leading cub scouts? Now if this guy was trying to get with little boys I say cut his nuts off and let him bleed out in the river. But as far as two consenting adults doing their thang (which has absolutely no effect on me) I say who gives a crap? If this guy was a good professor is sounds like the only people hurt by this are his students.

18. roscoguy

roscoguy New Member

You can't seriously believe that any & every 'business' transaction should be unregulated. This is a really weak, ultra-libertarian argument. :rolleyes:

19. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Actually, I do...but I welcome you to please give me 1 example of a Government regulation that is good for business, good good for the economy or somehow makes anything better for the consumer?

Tack

20. Durangokid

Durangokid New Member

Sick? Who would pay a 65 old cross dresser for sex? These people are not criminals they are patients.:eek: