This is why CCW is good

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by JonM, Mar 23, 2011.

1. JonM

JonM Moderator

this ccw person saves 4 lives, his own, his co-workers, a mother and her baby.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AA_dgRdDhk]YouTube - Good guy 1, Bad guy 0, CCW in action unedited[/ame]

2. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Good reaction, but didn't he fire while the BG was retreating?

The perp had a weapon and posed a threat, got off a few shots; so I have no issue with his current dirt nap and assumption of room temperature.

3. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Retreating and firing your gun is still a threat!

Dirt bag paid his dues.

4. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

The area around :31-:34 is a little hazy for me. There is an infant RIGHT THERE and the bad guy is clearly in retreat, but appears to be shooting backwards.

Hard to tell and it's SUPER easy to just sit here and Monday Morning QB it. The guy had good reaction time and his shots hit the mark. Obviously this "upstanding member of the community" was not on his first armed robbery incursion, so I also have no problem with his resulting lead poisoning and ceased heart rate.

JD

5. JonM

JonM Moderator

Ramsey is the ccw person. this is taken from a different forum. i found it by a quick google search.

reading thru his aar brings some real world experience to the fore. the smaller the gun the harder it is to deploy quickly. a good holster is a good idea!! i think im liking my new agent more and more.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2011
  6. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Great follow-up post!! [​IMG]

7. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I agree, good post.

"I gave no statement that night, and looked for a lawyer the next day just in case..."

Smart man. Anytime you pull it will change your life. Always CYA. Incidents like this that may seem no-brainers can come back and bite you in the azz.

8. Boyerracing343

Boyerracing343 New Member Supporter

Great post. Kudos to the CCW guy.

9. Colossal Urprising

Colossal Urprising New Member

I had seen the vid before, but the post by the guy brought new depth to it.

10. SilenceDogood

SilenceDogood New Member

It's great that things turned out well for the Good Guy and the bystanders, but IMHO he was lucky. Lucky he didn't shoot that woman or her child, lucky the BG's shots didn't hit anyone either. I don't mean to be too critical, God only knows how I would have reacted. If it were just me I'm sure I would have presented and fired too. With others there between me and the BG I'm not so sure.

I guess what I get most from watching this video is that there are probably never going to be any ideal conditions in an altercation. Situational awareness is a CCW's responsibility. Always armed, always on.

SILENCE DOGOOD

11. WDB

WDB New Member

Might be easy to second guess that moment in time. The bad guy seemed to run as soon as he saw the armed employee. The employee was danger close to the woman and child when he started to fire, if they wouldn't have went left they would have been in the line of fire. Let the bad guy run and call 911. His posting on a thread gave some insight but seems hinky, "don't say anything" but then post about it? Don't say anything EVER seems to be the best advice ever.

12. PSmitty1

PSmitty1 New Member

He may not be charged criminally, but you never know what may come down the road on the civil side. Don't say anything ever, is good advice. I definately would not say or put anything in print open to the public.

13. esteban_cuy

esteban_cuy New Member

how dear is your life or a loved ones? Carry if you can.