This is who my ancestors were.

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Last Crow, Sep 22, 2009.

1. Last Crow

Last Crow New Member

This was copied out of a history of SC, I can’t remember who wrote it.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2009
  2. ScottG

ScottG New Member

Great story!

People like this built our country and yet we're about to give it away through the machinations of those who aren't fit to even serve those wretched people of the past....

3. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Thanks for a glimpse into your family history. :cool:

4. Last Crow

Last Crow New Member

The battle of Cowpens was fought in the Upcountry of SC January 17, 1781.
    Your welcome, it is also part of our country’s history.
    The Battle of Cowpens

5. Hawg

Hawg New Member

My first ancestor to this country came to Henrico County, Virginia on June 1st 1636 from England. He was a representative in the House of Burgess from 1644-1652.
    In 1654 he called the speaker of the house a Devil. He had to apologize on his knees and pay a fine. In 1677 a jury found him guilty of uttering diverse mutinous words and fined him 10,000 pounds of tobacco. After considering his age(60's)the court reduced the fine to 6,000 pounds of dressed pork. At the time of his death he owned 1,100 acres in Henrico County Va. including Varina Plantation.

6. orangello

orangello New Member

Nice read! I know my family names are Scottish and English and Irish, and approximately when the Irish and Scottish parts/people immigrated, but not much more until they settled in Sullivan's hollow area of MS and the Ovett, MS area. It must be nice to have such detail.