This is where we're moving May 1st

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by CA357, Apr 3, 2011.

1. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

2. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Looks like a neat little town.

3. Car54

Car54 New Member

Looks awesome and with a lot to do. I thought you were looking outside of CA?

4. CA357

It's a wonderful place, but it's a bit yuppie to be perfect. I guess I'll find out for sure when I fly my Gadsden flag. ;)

5. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Looks nice. You'll be there in time for Mother Lode Friends of Music Concert. Then you can go catch "Goodbye Charlie".:D

6. Car54

Car54 New Member

You could always invite the Hells Angels over for a barbeque.

7. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

CA

Looks like a really neat place! Was that wine I saw in the background. Even though being from Tennessee. Gentleman Jack sipping whiskey is my drink of choice but I do also like some wine now and then.

I also have some Gadsden Stickers on my Yukon XL. "Don't Tread On Me"! As well as the one with the Large AR Picture with the caption below that states "Come and Get IT"!
    I get a lot of thumbs up from drivers who pass me while traveling all over.

8. CA357

We had hoped to be out of California, (or at least I did, keep reading) but this is the next best thing. The truth of the matter is that a move out of state is financially impossible for us at this time and we desperately want to leave the city.

More importantly, I have intuited that my wife doesn't really want to move far from where she has lived all of her life. She hasn't actually said anything, but I know, and her happiness trumps everything else.

9. canebrake

canebrake New Member

WOW, they got places like that in the Republick?

[​IMG]

You can sell your trunk monkey now!

10. CA357

Yup Shi, it's a veritable oasis of culture.:cool:

Cane I'm gonna' keep the trunk Monkey. I like the little feller and anyway, he's family now.

11. Car54

Car54 New Member

Well it does look nice, friendly, and homey. I'm sure you'll like it and your bride will like you more for taking her there. Have fun.

12. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Looks like a hell of a lot better place than where you call home right now brother. Best of luck with the move!!

If you need anything, other than another strong back because I hate moving, you know where I am at. ;)

JD

13. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Beautiful. Looks like there's a big wine culture there, which is always good! :)

14. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

Let me know how it works out. I will be moving over to The States in the next 3 to 5 years. I will be retiring anyone got any sugestions.

15. Jesse17

Jesse17 New Member

It's a gorgeous area, and yes it's getting yuppiefied, but it's still one of the most conservative areas in CA. That whole 49'er area is the closest you can get to not living in CA and still live in CA.

Unfortunately even if I were to have a desire to move back to that area, I couldn't afford it. Everyone trying to escape Sacatomato and the Gay Area have driven the prices through the roof the last 20 years! I see a house my Dad sold in that area in 89 for $380K is on the market for $540K now. :eek:

16. mrm14

mrm14 Active Member

Don, glad to see you've found a place there. I've had alot of relatives living in Amador County for a very long time and I do visit there often to see them. I think you'll find that for the most part the natives there are the furthest thing form being Yuppies. Most of them are the moderate to conservitive types.

Now for the tourist types, yes, alot of them are of the Yuppie variety and you do have the motor bike types. These folks are mostly passing through taking a weekend trip / ride with their ladys to spend their money in those little scattered around tourist shops throughout Sutter Creek and close surrounding areas and go home. Weekend traffic can get thick there at times due to tourists and folks passing through taking a drive. They usually drive very slow. Also, CHP in Amador county are real sticklers when it comes to speed limits. Not that I think you'll have a problem with that but I pass it along just FYI. I've got a couple of tickets in the past in Amador County for just a few MPH over the posted limit.:(:rolleyes:

The one other good thing about moving there is that you'll probably be as close or even closer in travel time to Sac. Valley than from Sacramento. :D

17. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Been there a few times. Great little town with plenty of friendly and nice folks that just want to work and be happy.

18. VitSports6

VitSports6 New Member

19. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Don

That looks like a quaint, cozy little town. Best of luck to you and the Mrs.

20. freefall

freefall New Member

Congrats CA, any move out of town is a step in the right direction. I'm getting ready to move out of the metropolis of Wasilla my own self.