This is one reason American USED to be Great

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by cpttango30, Jan 29, 2010.

1. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I just don't see people thinking this out side the box anymore.

[ame=http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c8c_1262588210]LiveLeak.com - Snow Vehicle Concept (1924)[/ame]

2. General_lee

General_lee New Member

Holy carp, Batman!

We almost never get snow here in Jawja, but I want it anyway!

3. bowtecbowhunter

bowtecbowhunter New Member

That's realllllyyyyyyyyy coooooooooooollllllllll' not to mention it's really outside the box.

4. canebrake

canebrake New Member

We still are. Just set us free!

5. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

That is a great idea based on simple techonology that was available at the time. Any of you guys know how to steer a tractor with the brakes?

6. cameronguyton

cameronguyton New Member

What killed thinking outside the box is lawyers. So many sue happy f**kers out there.

Whenever someone does get a little out of the box, the gov't steps in and regulates what and how they do things.

At least how I see it.

7. Highpower

Highpower New Member

Same way you steer a bulldozer or henway.

Wait for it..... :p

8. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Pretty basic, but genius, drive screw technology for the time. Excellent outside the box thinking. I wonder if they ever made any money with that idea?

JD

9. Glasshartt

Glasshartt New Member

not going to fall for it :rolleyes:

It's also the way you steer an alfalfa cutter.

10. Tintman

Tintman New Member

To Cool ! Why wouldn't it work on water also. Go across river/lake,, pull right up on the bank and keep going .. hummm. I'm really heavy into radio controlled stuff.
    I have to try to put this to work. Should be a whole lot simpler then trying to work with track driven type.(snowmobile) model. And we do get snow here!:cool:

11. Highpower

Highpower New Member

Shhhhhh...... Be vewy, vewy qwuy-it......

I'm hunting swipes.... uh, snipes! ;)

12. orangello

orangello New Member

Just noticed that the February pic on my Farm Bureau Insurance calendar is a 1957-59 Fordson Dexta "manufactured in Dagenham, England...in response to customer requests for a tractor smaller than the Fordson Major. In time, the reliable Dexta became very popular with smaller scale farmers. A 32 hp 3 cylinder Ford-Perkins diesel powered the Dexta. A 3 speed transmission with a 2 speed auxiliary also came standard."

I bleve the model in the film was Fordson based. I was not familiar with the brand, but my father remembers passing an old and long-closed dealership in Richton, MS in the 1970's.

13. BILLYBOB44

BILLYBOB44 New Member

My thoughts also..

That was my first thought. If the driver fell off, he would be ground up. The lawyers would file suit, and the Co. would be no more.