This is not cop bashing

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by opaww, Aug 22, 2012.

1. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

This kid should be a poster boy against the consumption of Meth.

2. levelcross

levelcross New Member

I see a Darwin Award sticky coming to a forum near you soon. :rolleyes:

3. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

Nope, no Darwin. He survived the incident (regrettably.)
    Victim selection fail.
    I don't know about the rest of the country, but everywhere I've ever lived, unmarked cars always seem to scream out "UNMARKED POLICE VEHICLE!" I would think that the average would be criminal would be able to spot one without much effort.

4. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

My kids can spot an unmarked car a mile away. I can't.

That carjacker is an idiot on several levels.

5. opaww

opaww New Member

We need a criminal bashing thread

6. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Funny.

But when I was a rookie, (I think Caesar ruled in Rome:D) I was with my sergeant having coffee break about 0200 one morning a local diner that was very popular with police, because it was in close proximity to two interstates, and a U.S. highway, making response time to almost anywhere fast. Two sheriffs deputies soon joined us.

A 20 something taking "God knows what drugs" came in and tried to rob the cashier with a kitchen knife. We all four responded, and I had the knife, and one of the deputies had him handcuffed before he even figured out that we were there!:p:p

Are there any other reasons for NOT taking drugs???:eek::eek:

7. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Agreed......

8. reloader97

reloader97 New Member

That's pretty awesome dude.

9. TDS92A

TDS92A New Member Supporter

10. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Correct.

Everyone has heard of "The Blue Code of silence." Does it exist?? Well......yes and no.

Most "bad" or "dirty" cops get run off fairly quickly by their peers. The "code" doesn't help them at all.

OTOH, when a very liberal politician is demanding that a police officer be prosecuted for a very trivial and minor infraction (real or perceived,) like a "politically incorrect" joke that gets accidentally overheard by a liberal reporter, then you can bet
    "I aint heard nuttin.":p

11. TDS92A

Anything with the term "Liberal" has no right to demand anything. Simply because they are wanting something from somebody without earning it.

For the record I rank Cops right up there with EMT's, Firefighters, and the Military. They are all First Responders and deserve respect!! Until they do something to remove that respect that is. They are all doing a job that a lot of folks cannot, will not, or do not want to do.

12. opaww

opaww New Member

This thread is about criminal bashing

13. opaww

opaww New Member

This thread should of been posted in the political section, maybe one of you mods can move it there please.

14. TDS92A

Criminal bashing, huh?

Shall we start with the current administration and work our way down ot the local thugs?:D

15. Garadex

Garadex New Member

I feel the same way. One time at a Boy Scout summer camp they asked all veterans to go up, one man goes up says he served as an MP for twelve years. He and all other vets come back to their seats and for the rest of the campfire this guy disrespects everyone around him by burping, being loud, sarcastic, and just an overall jerk. He may be a veteran but he gets no respect from me.

16. TDS92A

And you would justified in not showing him any. I feel that we as Veterans should hold ourselves to a higher standard. We were given the privilege to serve the citizens. We should honor that by honoring ourselves, IMHO.

17. gmaster456

gmaster456 New Member

Reminds me of a couple years ago when some AK toting pirates in a fishing boat tried to take over what they though was a commercial vessel. Unfortunately for them it was a French naval warship.

18. fmj

fmj New Member

one of those OH $H!T moments.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVnpY8HhTwU[/ame]

19. Sentry18

Sentry18 New Member

Several years ago I was in an umarked crown vic on anti-crime patrol. I pulled up to a stop sign and two teenagers got into the back seat. Before I could say a word one of them says to me "take us to the Cinema 14 on Palmer Street". Then they started just talking among themselves like I wasn't there. Again I was going to ID myself until the other kid says "did you bring a pipe or some paper?". I told them I was on a service call but I would have another cab come right over. They agreed and stood outside the car talking about movies until another unmarked unit rolled up. They were then quickly and easily arrested. They had just over 1oz of weed and $1,600 cash (which turned out to be stolen from a safe where one of them worked). I love it with the criminal come to us, makes it so much easier.