This is my kind of Sheriff.

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by BenLuby, Nov 1, 2011.

1. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

South Carolina Sheriff: 'You Need To Protect Yourself' | Fox News

This is the kind of Sheriff that we need more of. Someone who actually gets it.

2. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

he should run for president!

3. readygirl

readygirl New Member

This is exactly what i keep telling my Liberal/anti-gun husband. You can call the police, they will come by and write some stuff down, and might someday figure out who did it to you. But YOU are the only person who can stop it from happening in the first place.

4. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

When seconds count, the police are minutes away. ;)

Stay prepared, My Friends!

JD

5. Boyerracing343

Boyerracing343 New Member Supporter

I like that phrase. :cool:

6. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

Nothing against the police. They do their best to do their job, but let's face it, they're job is to clean up the mess and then punish the offender, IF they can catch them.
    It is our responsibility to protect ourselves.

7. gutz47

gutz47 New Member

Its a bummer more police officers don't feel this way. Hell yes women should carry guns. And any coward who preys on a women deserves to get his ass shot. Its crazy out there, wild west type ****. Get em girls!

8. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I have several friends that are police and deputies. They call themselves maids. Just there to clean up the mess. It is up to the citizens to protect themselves.

9. readygirl

readygirl New Member

Its especially tru where i live, takes the County a 1/2hr to respond, so if its an emergency, they will dispatch one of the 2 part time officers from a little nearby town (thats IF one of them is on duty). And the fire situation isnt much better, we have a small volunteer fire dept. Townsfolk call them the {Owensville Foundation Savers} because by the time they get the call,make their way to the fire station, get it opened up and fart around with the trucks and whatever else they gotta do there, and drive out to wherever you are, the foudation is all you have left.

10. fmj

fmj New Member

11. fmj

fmj New Member

12. armsmaster270

armsmaster270 New Member

With the budget cuts and laying off of cops and deputy's more sheriff's and police chiefs are realizing that they cannot protect you and are issuing more permits.

13. JonM

JonM Moderator

being former military law enforcement the police only exist to help secure crime scenes count the bullet holes and pick up body parts for evidence...

your more liekly to be hit by halley's comet than having a police officer present at the scene of your murder in time to save you.

14. gutz47

gutz47 New Member

I'm from flint michigan. They just don't come when you call.

15. shadamai

shadamai New Member

He brought a sample fanny pack made for concealed carry to demonstrate when he did the news conference. I like him.

16. masterPsmith

masterPsmith New Member

"To Protect And Serve", a motto long used by Law Enforcement is misleading. Law Enforcement is not there to protect you, they can't. They are there to investigate the crime after the fact and make arrests where needed for prosecution purposes. Don't be mislead by the long standing motto. Only "YOU" can protect yourself when needed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim...............

17. Scratchammo

Scratchammo New Member

There are some that just can't be convinced. Some assume their daughters are better protected from a rapist with aids if they had a cell phone instead.

18. fmj

fmj New Member

Havent police agencies nation wide taken "to protect and serve" off their cars due to false advertisement suits? :rolleyes::D

19. armsmaster270

armsmaster270 New Member

I still see a lot of Protect & Serve on cars.