This is it........

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by winds-of-change, Apr 1, 2012.

1. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I have decided that shooting is too expensive a sport for me. I'm going to sell my guns and all my ammo. I would like $450 for my Ruger Mark II. It comes with a Bushnell scope (2-6 X 32), nice grips and 5 magazines. I'll even throw in the original ungirly grips that came with it. I'll sell the GP100 for $400. It's a nice gun and has been kept very clean. I would let the Sig P238 go for $500. It has less than 200 rounds through it and it comes with a nice Remora holster.

I have decided a woman my age should not be shooting guns and participating in a sport that is typically reserved for men. I am a grandmother and I should act as such. It's been fun while it lasted. :eek:

So, if any of you want to make an offer on my guns, I'll throw in the caliber ammo that goes with the gun. Any offers?

APRIL FOOLS!!!! You aren't getting rid of me that easy!!! I'm going to be on this forum until I get banned.

Mwaaahahahaha...........

Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
  2. downsouth

downsouth New Member

We knew better! !

3. Vincine

Vincine New Member

First I got pissed :mad:
    because I just ordered a Mk III and I would have rather have bought a Ruger from you. :(
    Then I figured you were up to something. ;)
    When I scrolled to the April Fools admission, :D
    I was relieved that I hadn't missed a chance to help us both out. :)
    Now, not having missed an opportunity that wasn't really there, I don’t know whether I feel :( or :) and I'm just :confused:.

Thank you for an interesting morning. :rolleyes:

4. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

that was a pretty good joke WOC! you had me going there for a minute! i'm glad you were joking. :eek:

you are admired here for your candor and not being afraid to ask questions about things you don't understand. you are an example for women and beginners who want to own and shoot firearms and to to lose you from the sport of shooting would be a huge loss. :)

5. winds-of-change

Thank you. I'm not going anywhere. :D

I love my guns and shooting. It boosts my confidence and self esteem and I feel like a million bucks when I'm done at the range.

6. Balota

Balota ... but I used to play keyboards.

Knew this had to be a joke WOC. You have way too much fun here to give up like that! I'm also a grandparent. Just keep reminding them that "Experience and guile will always win out over youth and enthusiasm!!!"

7. winds-of-change

We had a very crappy night at work. At first we were laughing at all the bad things that were happening. Then it wasn't funny anymore. In the middle of "what could go wrong has gone wrong" I said out loud, "I know why we're having a bad night.....it's April Fool's Day." So I thought I'd prank you all. :)

There's no way I'm giving up my Mark II. I'm glad you ordered yourself Mark III, though. You're going to like it.

8. ellis36

ellis36 Well-Known Member Supporter

And here I was ready to write a comment imploring you not to do something as rash as selling your guns, that it doesn't cost anything to own them, etc, etc!
    April Fools indeed! :)

9. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

Wow. I was dumbfounded. I thought maybe you were having a breakdown or something. Glad it was a joke!

10. Durangokid

Durangokid New Member

They just don't make "Grandmas" like this anymore.:eek:

Attached Files:

• ma.jpg
      ma.jpg
      File size:
      8.8 KB
      Views:
  11. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

12. winds-of-change

I wrote this last year and I thought I'd bump it to "fool" anyone who didn't see it last year.

Have fun on this "April Fool's Day".

13. Colby

Colby New Member

At first I believed it! But I couldn't understand why anyone would want to give up a Ruger Mark. Such a nice gun, so accurate, and so cheap to shoot!! It didn't make sense...

Then I saw the rest of the "offerings" ... and I knew it couldn't be real.
    But.... you got me at first!

14. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

I forgot that was today. You got me Winds.

15. StainlessSteel215

StainlessSteel215 New Member

Grrrrrrrrrrr I'm more mad at myself for not realizing it was April 1.

Well played sir....my blood pressure went up a little with anxiety and excitement over your decision and stuff for sale!

16. winds-of-change

That's the spirit. Kick me aside so you could get at the guns I had for sale. ROFL :p

17. StainlessSteel215

StainlessSteel215 New Member

I'm a team player alright ;)

Its actually pretty incredible from a social experiment perspective. The very MENTION of a 'firesale' of guns & ammo sends a shockwave of excitement and adrenaline through most of us in the gun community! Im guilt of turning into a salivating hungry dog looking at fresh bacon

18. winds-of-change

19. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

....... and grind? :D

20. yazul42

yazul42 Active Member Lifetime Supporter

I was hoping you had a 2 1/2 Model 19 S&W for sale,,,